+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    The Scottish Government should be explaining why they are imposing two metre social distancing
    in this season’s Scottish Cup Final between Hibs and St Johnstone resulting in only 600 fans being able to
    attend the match yet one and a half metre social distancing is in place for the Euros resulting in 12,000 spectators being able to attend.
    It would have been interesting to know which social distancing rules would have been in place for the season’s Scottish Cup Final
    if Rangers or Celtic had been in the final.

Current rules allow for 500 spectators at outdoor sporting events, but in all cases you can apply for more and work with local councils on a plan to allow more.

By the time of the final Hampden will have been handed over to UEFA control for pre Euro works mrs img only the south stand is available at all.

This has been known for a while and Aberdeen even offered Pittodrie so a bigger crowd could be accommodated.

The SFA and both clubs are currently still working with the government, UEFA and Glasgow Council to find a way to get more fans in and both clubs still pushing for 1,000 tickets each.
    Last edited by hmac; 14-05-2021 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Current rules allow for 500 spectators at outdoor sporting events, but in all cases you can apply for more and work with local councils on a plan to allow more.

By the time of the final Hampden will have been handed over to UEFA control for pre Euro works mrs img only the south stand is available at all.

This has been known for a while and Aberdeen even offered Pittodrie so a bigger crowd could be accommodated.

The SFA and both clubs are currently still working with the government, UEFA and Glasgow Council to find a way to get more fans in and both clubs still pushing for 1,000 tickets each.
    Thanks for the information.
    The Scottish Government seems to have different rules for social distancing when it suits them.
    2 metres social distancing for the Scottish Cup Final between His and St Johnstone
    1.5 metres social distancing for the European Championship matches because UEFA put the ‘gun to the heads’ of the Scottish Government ministers and stated that games would only be played at Hampden if there was a minimum of 12,000: spectators at each game.
    1 metre social distancing on all the Calmac Ferries which are owned by the Scottish Government.
    NIL metres social distancing in a Glasgow street in the Pollockshields area of Glasgow because local residents were protesting about the removal of two asylum seekers by the UK border force. This part of Glasgow is in Nicola Sturgeon’s Scottish Government constituency and there is currently a spike in positive Covid-19 cases but no action was taken by the authorities to ensure that these protesters adhered to the laid down rules.

Thanks for the information.
    The Scottish Government seems to have different rules for social distancing when it suits them.
    2 metres social distancing for the Scottish Cup Final between His and St Johnstone
    1.5 metres social distancing for the European Championship matches because UEFA put the ‘gun to the heads’ of the Scottish Government ministers and stated that games would only be played at Hampden if there was a minimum of 12,000: spectators at each game.
    1 metre social distancing on all the Calmac Ferries which are owned by the Scottish Government.
    NIL metres social distancing in a Glasgow street in the Pollockshields area of Glasgow because local residents were protesting about the removal of two asylum seekers by the UK border force. This part of Glasgow is in Nicola Sturgeon’s Scottish Government constituency and there is currently a spike in positive Covid-19 cases but no action was taken by the authorities to ensure that these protesters adhered to the laid down rules.
    To be fair,no action was taken against any rogue island residents who refused to adhere to the laid down travel rules either,despite,I am sure, quite a few msps who would have had a quieter email inbox if those rogue islanders had been prosecuted, and quote rightly jailed.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    To be fair,no action was taken against any rogue island residents who refused to adhere to the laid down travel rules either,despite,I am sure, quite a few msps who would have had a quieter email inbox if those rogue islanders had been prosecuted, and quote rightly jailed.
    No prizes for guessing that you are a pro independence supporter.
    It is a pity that you did not do your homework about the laid down rules for island residents where you would have discovered that island residents in Scotland were allowed to return for health reasons.

No prizes for guessing that you are a pro independence supporter.
    It is a pity that you did not do your homework about the laid down rules for island residents where you would have discovered that island residents in Scotland were allowed to return for health reasons.
    What makes you think I support independence? And you broke the rules,you know you broke the rules,you lied about it,and only told the truth when you remembered I would know you were telling lies.

I don't have a problem with any of that though,it's the double standards you display.

If the law should be followed,it should be followed by everyone

I have been trying to understand why a seating pattern where there is a blank seat between each spectator both to left and right and in front and behind cannot be made to work. It seems to me that this would create a socially distanced environment that would allow at least 5000 fans into Dens. Pinch points like turnstiles could be managed by times being adjusted for entry and a bit of pre match entertainment could be provided over and above watching the shootie in practice in front of the Bobby Cox stand. If 500 can go in the Bobby Cox why not allow 500 in the Mainer and the Shankly and 200 in the SE?

What makes you think I support independence? And you broke the rules,you know you broke the rules,you lied about it,and only told the truth when you remembered I would know you were telling lies.

I don't have a problem with any of that though,it's the double standards you display.

If the law should be followed,it should be followed by everyone
    I did not break the rules. People were permitted to travel back to their main residence for Health matters.
    There were numerous opt out rules including people being able to travel to another local authority to meet their bail conditions.
    It does not help matters when some of the local residents on Islay do not know the rules but were happy to rent out holiday accommodation over the 2021 New Year holiday to visitors who were breaking the laid down Covid-19 lockdown rules.
    I assume that you are the person that was sitting at the next table to me at the Player of the Year dinner which was held in May 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I have been trying to understand why a seating pattern where there is a blank seat between each spectator both to left and right and in front and behind cannot be made to work. It seems to me that this would create a socially distanced environment that would allow at least 5000 fans into Dens. Pinch points like turnstiles could be managed by times being adjusted for entry and a bit of pre match entertainment could be provided over and above watching the shootie in practice in front of the Bobby Cox stand. If 500 can go in the Bobby Cox why not allow 500 in the Mainer and the Shankly and 200 in the SE?
    I also fail to understand the social distancing rules which allow only 500 fans into Dens Park with them all being ‘squeezed’ into the Bobby Cox Stand. It is nuts.
    I also fail to understand why under 2 metres social distancing rules only 600 fans can be admitted to Hampden which has a maximum capacity of 52,000 but under 1.5 metres social distancing rules 12,000 spectators can be admitted to Hampden for the European Championship.
    I suspect that the rules were ‘bent’ to allow 12,000 into Hampden because UEFA put the ‘gun to the heads’ of the Scottish Government Ministers in charge and told them that if they did not agree to a minimum of 12,000 spectators being admitted to Hampden the games would be moved to another football stadium outwith Scotland. The European Championship games in Dublin have been moved because he Irish Government would not agree to the UEFA conditions.
    It was announced at a recent Islay Community Recovery Group meeting by the ferry ‘expert’ that one metre social distancing would remain in place on all Calmac ferries throughout the whole of the 2021 Summer timetable period which ends around the 17th October 2021. This will result in the current passenger capacity on the Scottish Government owned Calmac ferries being reduced by almost 70%.
    This will reduce the current maximum 550 passenger capacity on the MV Finlaggan which sails on the Kennacraig to Islay route to around 165 passengers.
    Therefore 1 metre social distancing equates to an approximate reduction of 70%
    1.5 metres social distancing equates to a reduction of 75.96% (76%).
    2 metres social distancing equates to a reduction of 98.84% (99%) based on 600 spectators being able to attend the 2021 Scottish Cup Final before Glasgow remained in Tier 3.
    The capacity of Dens Park is listed as 11,775 on Wikipedia.
    Therefore 2 metres social distancing rules equates to a reduction of 95.75% (96%) based on 500 spectators being able to attend a home game at Dens Park from Monday 17th May 2021 onwards.
    Once again there is no rhyme nor reason how the Scottish Government and the Health Authorities have calculated the laid down number of spectators attending football matches after Monday 17th May 2021 with their calculations appearing to have been made on the back of a fag packet.
    It appears to be Scottish Government policy that spectators being admitted to attend football matches in all seated stadiums must only sit in one stand.
    This happened when Aberdeen supporters were able to attend a home game at the beginning of last December and Ross County supporters were able to attend a home game against Celtic. Both local authorities were in Tier 2.
    From memory Aberdeen were able to admit 600 spectators whilst Ross County could only admit 300 spectators due to their capacity of just over 6,000.

I did not break the rules. People were permitted to travel back to their main residence for Health matters.
    There were numerous opt out rules including people being able to travel to another local authority to meet their bail conditions.
    It does not help matters when some of the local residents on Islay do not know the rules but were happy to rent out holiday accommodation over the 2021 New Year holiday to visitors who were breaking the laid down Covid-19 lockdown rules.
    I assume that you are the person that was sitting at the next table to me at the Player of the Year dinner which was held in May 2019.
    Yeah,that's why you lied about it,because it was allowed....
    If everyone took your view that the rules can be broken for any pretend reason,the country would still be in lockdown

I am holding you personally responsible for lockdown lasting as long as it did,while you waltzed around all over Scotland spreading covid and complaining about the SNP.

Don't come on here preaching about rule breaking or double standards when you blatantly broke the rules yourself.

And no matter what you say,you broke the rules

Yeah,that's why you lied about it,because it was allowed....
    If everyone took your view that the rules can be broken for any pretend reason,the country would still be in lockdown

I am holding you personally responsible for lockdown lasting as long as it did,while you waltzed around all over Scotland spreading covid and complaining about the SNP.

Don't come on here preaching about rule breaking or double standards when you blatantly broke the rules yourself.

And no matter what you say,you broke the rules
    Was testing his eyesight with a long drive.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)