+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell steal a point at Tannadice

Motherwell steal a point at Tannadice

Motherwell earned an unlikely draw against Dundee United thanks to goals from Chris Long and Devante Cole. - External Link

Well, that was brutal. Still hanging on to seventh place.

A potentially valuable goal and draw, and a well deserved return of the robbery from Boxing Day.

I don't get the team though...playing Campbell and dropping Gallagher (I don't think anyone believes he was injured) for a loan player who won't be retained just looks incredibly petty. Hastie both offers nothing and clearly won't be here next season, why on earth does he get a game?

I understand the youth system is 'bare' given the two scheduled to come in this season have left already but we really have no one - absolutely no one - who couldn't benefit from a run as opposed to Hastie, Foley, Magloire etc?

On the other hand, our record from our last eleven games (excluding pens) is won six, drawn four, lost one. Caveats abound of course but unless St Mirren have a late turnaround at Killie, that guarantees us eighth - what nobody can deny is a superb turnaround under Alexander.

His decisions and style of play mean it won't take much for folk to turn on him - much like Robinson in 2017/18 - but results are results and he's more than earned some backing over summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    A potentially valuable goal and draw, and a well deserved return of the robbery from Boxing Day.

I don't get the team though...playing Campbell and dropping Gallagher (I don't think anyone believes he was injured) for a loan player who won't be retained just looks incredibly petty. Hastie both offers nothing and clearly won't be here next season, why on earth does he get a game?

I understand the youth system is 'bare' given the two scheduled to come in this season have left already but we really have no one - absolutely no one - who couldn't benefit from a run as opposed to Hastie, Foley, Magloire etc?

On the other hand, our record from our last eleven games (excluding pens) is won six, drawn four, lost one. Caveats abound of course but unless St Mirren have a late turnaround at Killie, that guarantees us eighth - what nobody can deny is a superb turnaround under Alexander.

His decisions and style of play mean it won't take much for folk to turn on him - much like Robinson in 2017/18 - but results are results and he's more than earned some backing over summer.
    Agreed about the manager; given our situation when he came in, the fact that we're still in the top league is a result. I thought that the ref. had a bad day at the office today; I don't believe that it was deliberate, but we got the wrong end of some debateable decisions and non - decisions. 'Could do better', I think.

2 points from moi ...

1. GA now has the best form in the last quarter (apart from SG); who saw that coming? Not me - TBH, I lost interest in our games over 8 weeks back.
    2. Hastie must play a certain amount of games when on loan to us, or we end up having to pay a penalty fee for his 'inactivity' !!

Been a bonkerzz season all round for sure. Roll on season 21-22.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)