+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Shadow Self...

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Why do think they do it? To be ignored or to get attention? They're certainly getting the attention they crave now that they are continuously being told that their actions land and have a very great impact on the receiver. These people now have a great deal of importance placed upon them, people that were rightly dismissed as fools until around 9 months ago.

The people I feel sorry for are those with genuine mental health issues who live on their own, have no family or have been disowned and have nobody to turn to. I am not going to waste my energy caring about wealthy celebrities and footballers jumping on the latest #metoo bandwagon to satisfy their insatiable appetite for strokes to their egos, the kind of people who are every bit as much the attention seekers as the idiots they attract.

Nobody is putting a gun to the head of these celebs to be on public forums, or anybody else for that matter. I do not care either for those that seize the latest opportunity to polish their virtual halos by layering on the sympathy to prove what good kind thoughtful people they are. The whole charade sickens me, but as with everything else in this ball park, people will get bored of it and move on to the next event in the Victim Olympics whilst the genuine sufferers of this world continue to be neglected.
    Any chance of the examples of online abuse from the Government?

(You obviously think that it's the fault of those who read abuse rather than those who post it, in which case there is no point discussing it as we are at opposite ends).

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Any chance of the examples of online abuse from the Government?
    You've completely misunderstood what I meant by that. Maybe that's my fault, I can't be bothered to explain it. Have a good day chap.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    You've completely misunderstood what I meant by that. Maybe that's my fault, I can't be bothered to explain it. Have a good day chap.
    So I have, but it can be read in 2 ways. The joys of the English language.

Apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Who might that be? ‘Lol’
    More dynamic input from 78

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    More dynamic input from 78
    I cant say but I think you might have rattled his cage...!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I cant say but I think you might have rattled his cage...!
    Weak. Real handbags stuff again

Then take it there.
    See you next thursday...xx

Like I say notts78 I'm not at liberty to mention his or her name but I think his or her cage has been rattled.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456