+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Jordan Banks

O/T Jordan Banks

Heart goes out to the young lad struck by lightning whilst out doing what he loved, footy training.
    RIP Jordan

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

I was reading about it on news app just before I noticed the storm here
    Absolutely tragic
    Condolences to all concerned especially his family, heartbreaking

RIP Jordan, heavens definitely gained a good one

It’s must be Heartbreaking RIP Jordan.

A truly tragic and freak accident resulting in the loss of this little lad's life. I wouldn't even know how to accept this if I was his parent, what must they be going through?

When you realise he had raised £2000 for a charity by running 30 miles over several days, it just goes to show what a unique and thoughtful young man he was and cut down at such a terribly young age.

God bless you Jordan and may you play your footie safe amongst the clouds.

Jesus. How do parents come back from something like this? Don't think I ever could. So sad.

RIP Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

I was reading about it on news app just before I noticed the storm here
    Absolutely tragic
    Same here MT, saw it on a news thread.
    I haven't got any kids of my own, so can't begin to imagine what his family are going through.
    Condolences to them all.

Aye and some folk moan about their bad luck in life. Don't think you can get much more unlucky than that.It puts things into perspective.

RIP Jordan.

Tragic to think something like this could happen, Ive listened to what he did fundraising and he sounded an unbelievable young lad.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Jesus. How do parents come back from something like this? Don't think I ever could. So sad.

RIP Jordan
    RIP Jordan.

In answer to your question they don't. 25 years this month since a similar incident with my Stepsister's son and she has never recovered. He was in his t.eens and died playing football from an undiagnosed heart problem.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    RIP Jordan.

In answer to your question they don't. 25 years this month since a similar incident with my Stepsister's son and she has never recovered. He was in his t.eens and died playing football from an undiagnosed heart problem.
    I can only imagine but shudder as I do. Daughter getting extra cuddles at the moment. There but for the grace...