+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich overhaul

Ipswich overhaul

Interesting this with Paul Cook saying basically all Ipswich players can leave: https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich...o-move-7969388

Some players with good reputations at this level but probably looking for big wages and perhaps tarnished by Ipswich underperforming the last few years.

I don’t think we can afford any of their players unless they have a few crocks to move on.Sounds like Cook means business next season & as we will be in the same league not good news for us.

Good Manager Cook, at this level. Good on him to tell em all to do one. He's obviously got his eye on several players already and more than likely he's had talks with players agents before the season ended. Good luck to him having a mass clear out like that.

Dark horses for the play offs? Big Club Ipswich and shouldn't be in league 1.

Fair play to the guy. Spoken to some Ipswich fans I know and it seems to be a culture thing. Just get rid of the lot and start afresh. Not the right mentality. Hopefully we get them on a Saturday next season, not another midweek game. Easy for me but you guys but get home very late (although I'm always the one Millers fan on the train back up to Norwich, proudly wearing my scarf).

I’m looking forward to the away game next year too, I’m in London so easy train there and some good pubs to sample.

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    I’m looking forward to the away game next year too, I’m in London so easy train there and some good pubs to sample.
    Charlton too I bet, that is easy for you. Last time we had them away I spent the whole game sitting / standing next to Howard Webb which was interesting. The kind of ground they let you stand in, lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good Manager Cook, at this level. Good on him to tell em all to do one. He's obviously got his eye on several players already and more than likely he's had talks with players agents before the season ended. Good luck to him having a mass clear out like that.

Dark horses for the play offs? Big Club Ipswich and shouldn't be in league 1.
    I agree with you Brin that Ipswich are a big club, albeit because of location, as it's a similar sized town to us but with very few other football league teams close to them, hence the decent crowds when they are doing well, and reasonable crowds when not so much.
    However, I take issue with your point about 'They shouldn't be in league 1' because just like the league table never lies, neither does the actual league any team plays in, and they are there in league 1 because they weren't good enough to play higher.
    I agree with you about Paul Cook being a good manager at this level, and in the championship also, however, if hes trying to put a team together from scratch then that might take some time to get the balance he needs to make a proper go at promotion. Even allowing for that I do think they will be play off material so it will be interesting to see what sort of squad they accumulate UTM

I think a lot of the released ones were well into their 30”s…it’s probably been a bit stale for a few years since Barnsley chop left…that was a classic case of carful what you wish for when they hounded MM out and not been happy in mid table and surviving in championship…..

medium wave cook as made the statement and sends a message that no player is bigger than the club..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I think a lot of the released ones were well into their 30”s…it’s probably been a bit stale for a few years since Barnsley chop left…that was a classic case of carful what you wish for when they hounded MM out and not been happy in mid table and surviving in championship…..

medium wave cook as made the statement and sends a message that no player is bigger than the club..
    I mentioned MM on a couple of threads recently, comparing him with how some of our supporters treat PW as Ipswich supporters treat him.
    I dont think Ipswich sacked MM, I think he left for another challenge, but their supporters were frustrated with him and also his style of play, ring any bells?
    I'm not actually saying their supporters were wrong, but when MM left, they brought in our own Paul Hurst, with the mandate to change the style of play to a more passing style, but when results weren't forthcoming they got rid of PH without giving him hardly any time to get things organized, and went down, and now are languishing in mid table league 1 mediocrity. I do understand some of our supporters want a new manager, new ideas and new style of play, but if and when we get that, just remember Ipswich UTM

When looking at Ipswich Town players at the end of their contract, one -

Alan Judge aged 32 years - Everyone remembers his spat with referee Darren Drysdale,
    this season.
    While a Brentford player, he turned in match winning performances, & had premier
    league clubs looking to sign him.
    But in 2016 while playing for Brentford against Ipswich Town, he suffered a double leg
    break, after a tackle from Ipswich Town player Luke Hyam. After which the premier
    league interest disappeared, Judge never recovered the form he had before the
    accidental tackle.
    Alan Judge later transferred to his present club Ipswich Town.

Luke Hyam - While a Ipswich Town player, Hyam had a brief 5 game loan spell with
    the Millers, after leaving Ipswich , he signed for Southend United in 2018, on a
    free transfer.
    29 year old Luke Hyam retired from football in February 2021, after he failed to recover
    from a back injury.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast