+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best and worse old players we have signed.

Ronnie Rees did very little for us after doing so well at Coventry. Ray Crawford was somewhat of a let down. There have been many flops though and I reckon every club suffers the same way.

Gerry Armstrong never scored a goal for us. I know from personal experience he was a big lump as I once gave him a piggy back. Hell of a nice guy

Here's 1 he did score

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMUXZXdqfc
    Last edited by 9goals2hattricks3pen; 14-05-2021 at 05:39 PM.

Anyone who was at the vile ****hole and saw a certain Diego Lugano play will remember his (non) performance.

He single handedly redefined the definition of dog sh!!.

Best was Gmac. Absolutely brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Anyone who was at the vile ****hole and saw a certain Diego Lugano play will remember his (non) performance.

G Mac has got to be not only the best value signing of the last 30 years but also one of our best defenders of all time.

The highest compliment I can give him is to put him in equal first place in my all time top four Albion centre halves with Wile, Robertson and Martyn Bennett.

His positional sense was absolutely top notch and his commitment to win the ball when it was in his area was total.

If he’d been spotted earlier he would surely have played for a top, top side.

Makes me sad to think of what we no longer have with him and Olsson gone.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    G Mac has got to be not only the best value signing of the last 30 years but also one of our best defenders of all time.

The highest compliment I can give him is to put him in equal first place in my all time top four Albion centre halves with Wile, Robertson and Martyn Bennett.

His positional sense was absolutely top notch and his commitment to win the ball when it was in his area was total.

I just started reading Ally Rob's autobiography and I didn't know that he blamed himself for our SF cup defeats and uefa cup qf defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Cant argue at all with this. Loved the guy for all the reasons you gave.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Hello Blood. Yes, I remember his 'performance' on that rainy night only too well.

In Lugano's defence (and by that stage of his career his defending was indeed extremely limited) he played superbly in comparison to his home debut in the League Cup.

He was so bad that evening even his team mates on the bench and the youth team players in the Halfords stand were openly laughing. Sad way to close a decent club and international career.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)