+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the best 6-2 win ever?

What was the best 6-2 win ever?

Was thinking about this and the possibility of doing it again next season So the two 6-2s against the wee rangers my best moment was the pitch invasion at the offside goal the rest was extreme and wonderful but they always seem to get the tops aff tully in back pockets spitting venom at us in every game. That was as funny as it gets.

Have we won other games 6-2?

Whats your favourite 6-2 win goal

FTD

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    Was thinking about this and the possibility of doing it again next season So the two 6-2s against the wee rangers my best moment was the pitch invasion at the offside goal the rest was extreme and wonderful but they always seem to get the tops aff tully in back pockets spitting venom at us in every game. That was as funny as it gets.

Have we won other games 6-2?

Whats your favourite 6-2 win goal

FTD
    Beautifully captured by Ben the Par as well, FAF.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Beautifully captured by Ben the Par as well, FAF.
    Name:  dfc.JPG
Views: 551
Size:  38.0 KB

He seemed a wee bit faird to be honest. Nae wonder, that behavior fae the Derry boys was totally OTT

I think we also beat Motherwell 6-2 once with a great performance. I could be wrong but think it was in days of Olofsson Winters and McLaren up front

Yeah we have beat the fun 🤩 easy too

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think we also beat Motherwell 6-2 once with a great performance. I could be wrong but think it was in days of Olofsson Winters and McLaren up front

Yeah we have beat the fun �� easy too
    Sergio and Nixon masterclass i recall? but alas it was 6-1

oh an best was Tommy Coyne scoring first and giving it big time to GF.
    Last edited by Shedboy1971; 14-05-2021 at 11:50 AM.

we beat Motherwell 6-1 in 1981 - was scottish cup i think we had some big wins that season 7-0 against killie, 4-0 hearts, 5-0 airdrie, 3-0 celtic and a 3-0 win against dundee Dec 6th 1980 (better than a cup win that ...oh wait )

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    we beat Motherwell 6-1 in 1981 - was scottish cup i think we had some big wins that season 7-0 against killie, 4-0 hearts, 5-0 airdrie, 3-0 celtic and a 3-0 win against dundee Dec 6th 1980 (better than a cup win that ...oh wait )
    Wasn’t the 6-1 against Motherwell the game that wee Jum tried to fine the players because he reckoned they took their foot of the gas in the second half?

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Wasn’t the 6-1 against Motherwell the game that wee Jum tried to fine the players because he reckoned they took their foot of the gas in the second half?
    Yeh - they were sensational first half. Davie Dodds got the quickest hat trick in Scottish Cup history and it was 4-0 after 20 minutes. It’s a misnomer that’s peddled by the press that they were ‘fined’. That was never the case - instead they always had an extra wage bonus available for any game which would be given out if the manager decided that the performance was ‘exceptional’. Jim decided they’d taken the foot off the gas too much second half and decided not to pay the bonus. It was never a ‘fine’.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yeh - they were sensational first half. Davie Dodds got the quickest hat trick in Scottish Cup history and it was 4-0 after 20 minutes. It’s a misnomer that’s peddled by the press that they were ‘fined’. That was never the case - instead they always had an extra wage bonus available for any game which would be given out if the manager decided that the performance was ‘exceptional’. Jim decided they’d taken the foot off the gas too much second half and decided not to pay the bonus. It was never a ‘fine’.
    Yeah it was called The Entertainment Bonus and it was withheld for a lack of it in the 2nd half.The current squad would all be bankrupt under wee Jim,FACT.

[QUOTE=GUNBOAT;39780850]Yeah it was called The Entertainment Bonus and it was withheld for a lack of it in the 2nd half.The current squad would all be bankrupt under wee Jim,FAC

yes true he thought about doing the same in a 7-0 against killie as well and gave in when wee nic organised a protest outside the ground, swampy lay under the van and indian covid was ignored. That new experience mat have a time and location lapse but sounds right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)