+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Assistant Manager longer term

Not sure an old style DoF would be of benefit to Notts in the modern game. The owners are building a structure for sustainability. Whether people like it or not the game is changing, coaches instead of managers will become the norm over time and clubs at our level and maybe L2 will need to spend more time making data led player recruitment choices with a view to selling on, especially as academies at this level will start to disappear. It's not all about contacts and the old boys club anymore and we are lucky to currently have owners at our club that are at the forefront of this new world in football, those still operating in the dark ages run the risk of being left behind.

I think either way Doyle will be on the coaching staff next season (if he wants to be), it’s just a case of whether that’s as assistant or First Team coach. Either way I’d expect a third coach to come in from outside, but I really hope we can keep Doyle around.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Yeah agree with the first bit but I guess at they could run the data for those recommendations. I started reading up on Brentford last night and found the below, interesting it was a Dane heading it up and I would be surprised if the owners hadn’t been in dialogue with him before buying us. A really long but very interesting read but looks like it’s possibly more or less our blueprint, also interesting about ditching off their academy which our owners have more or less said is possible without EFL funding.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets
    That article was a long but very rewarding read. It ignited a few lightbulbs regarding the Football Radar era so far at Notts too. Thanks for an excellent share.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That article was a long but very rewarding read. It ignited a few lightbulbs regarding the Football Radar era so far at Notts too. Thanks for an excellent share.
    No problem, very long but we’ll worth a read if you want to understand our owners strategy as I would imagine it will more or less mimic this approach. Makes you realise why they sacked Ardley, why they took on Burchnall and it’s all long term for them. Basically ongoingly reduce your risks in recruitment, buy undervalued resaleable assets (players) and with good coaching of those assets it should come through eventually. After reading this I’m more confident now, how many owners/managers have been too short term/knee jerk reactions which have left us virtually bust with the cumulative effect we have just dropped lower and lower but thinking if you have a big club name and big stadium automatically means you will get to where you want if you chuck loads of money at it.

Big risk involved I think, rather than risks being reduced - you need a continuous number of players to develop. Hopefully it will come good.I

Depends on good recruitment and with this approach, there is no-one to be blamed (manager) apart from yourself.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123