+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Assistant Manager longer term

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Do Sutton, Torquay or Hartlepool have experienced DOF’s?
    No, but they have managers who’s part remit is to look for players and talk to clubs, that’s not a head coaches role. Currently we have RM who for all intense purposes is a data analyst which just leaves Jason Turner, not sure if he has the contacts to open the door to negotiations, feels board wise to me we are extremely light for football industry experience.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    To do what? DoF at our level is a pretty pointless luxury IMO.
    What level does it not become a pretty pointless luxury?

I doubt any of the 3 clubs mentioned by FL have a DoF, which is hardly a surprise. Do any of them have a head coach?

I think Football Radar is the de facto DoF

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    What level does it not become a pretty pointless luxury?

I doubt any of the 3 clubs mentioned by FL have a DoF, which is hardly a surprise. Do any of them have a head coach?
    The Championship probably. Where you start having development squads, numerous young players out on loan, a really big backroom staff etc.

Obviously I don’t know for sure, but I think IB is head coach to reflect our collaborative recruitment model. Most managers at this level will have sole responsibility for recruitment. Other than that I suspect his job is the same as any other manager in our league.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    No, but they have managers who’s part remit is to look for players and talk to clubs, that’s not a head coaches role. Currently we have RM who for all intense purposes is a data analyst which just leaves Jason Turner, not sure if he has the contacts to open the door to negotiations, feels board wise to me we are extremely light for football industry experience.
    Turner’s worked in football for nearly 30 years, I suspect he does the negotiating bit.

Turner’s worked in football for nearly 30 years, I suspect he does the negotiating bit.
    Yeah I get that, but having more people with more contacts brings more opportunity recruitment wise and also further insights of what players are like behind the data. I just feel at this current moment especially regarding the English league we are pretty diminished.

Yeah I get that, but having more people with more contacts brings more opportunity recruitment wise and also further insights of what players are like behind the data. I just feel at this current moment especially regarding the English league we are pretty diminished.
    Potentially, but I also think there’s probably something to be said for not having anyone in the set up who is going to want to sign someone because they worked with them at Bradford four years ago and they were great then, or whatever.

Richard Montague and Football Radar more generally have had a couple of years to develop their knowledge of the leagues we’re going to be shopping in now, so it’ll be interesting to see what our approach is like this summer.

With Doyle’s personality I think he’s the perfect foil for Burchnall and vice versa Doyle could learn so much off him in regards to coaching and tactics. We can all be 100% certain is that Doyle would give everything he possibly could to the role as he has to his career and other clubs do a deffo yes for me outside looking in.
    agree with this , what has happened before, even though not nice for all concerned could turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

I can't see any reason why it would not work but I think he would be aiming higher than assistant coach at a non league club personally. I would be happy if he was registered as a player for us next season as it stands I think the intensity in his performances are still top draw and he is still an asset at this level. Perhaps not so many games next season though.

Potentially, but I also think there’s probably something to be said for not having anyone in the set up who is going to want to sign someone because they worked with them at Bradford four years ago and they were great then, or whatever.

Richard Montague and Football Radar more generally have had a couple of years to develop their knowledge of the leagues we’re going to be shopping in now, so it’ll be interesting to see what our approach is like this summer.
    Yeah agree with the first bit but I guess at they could run the data for those recommendations. I started reading up on Brentford last night and found the below, interesting it was a Dane heading it up and I would be surprised if the owners hadn’t been in dialogue with him before buying us. A really long but very interesting read but looks like it’s possibly more or less our blueprint, also interesting about ditching off their academy which our owners have more or less said is possible without EFL funding.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...h-huge-budgets

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast