+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ford Capri for sale (Mick)

Ford Capri for sale (Mick)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265151443...=11800&mkevt=1
    For sale on E bay , cars in B'ham.

Just had a look at this, it’s certainly been restored the right way, if you own it and keep it in the condition you buy it in it will only go up in value over time. Might not even need much of a tool box Mick 😉

Thanks Lloyd but not what I’m looking for.

I’m more of a 3.0s or 2.8i man myself and I don’t want restored models as they can’t be trusted.

HI Mick the advert popped up thought I'd share it.
    Pity this one is only a 2.0 lazer it is mint.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164854324...cAAOSwHOVgnS4Z

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Thanks Lloyd but not what I’m looking for.

I’m more of a 3.0s or 2.8i man myself and I don’t want restored models as they can’t be trusted.
    Depends on the quality of the restoration, any UK car from the 70’s or 80’s that hasn’t been effectively mothballed since new and never driven in the winter will need some form of restoration and major works, that’s a fact, looking for a car that has been driven of that age needing no work is like looking for a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Depends on the quality of the restoration, any UK car from the 70’s or 80’s that hasn’t been effectively mothballed since new and never driven in the winter will need some form of restoration and major works, that’s a fact, looking for a car that has been driven of that age needing no work is like looking for a unicorn.
    Not necessarily.

I’ve seen one with 13,800 miles from new that’s never been touched and is in mint condition.

As long as they’ve been garaged and not got salt corrosion in winter they can be okay.

Mick, you would definitely require a comprehensive tool kit and a ramp or service pit, a hoist for lifting the engine out, and probably welding gear! Keep you busy in your dotage!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Not necessarily.

I’ve seen one with 13,800 miles from new that’s never been touched and is in mint condition.

As long as they’ve been garaged and not got salt corrosion in winter they can be okay.
    It may look good Mick, but over the 30/40 years it has been around rubber bushes will have perished, diaphragms will have broken down, how often were the brake lines and fuel subsystem bled etc? I agree if it has done hardly any miles and been garaged and away from the winter there will be significantly less work to do, but as someone who has owned a classic for the last 25 years work will be there to do. Hence the type of restoration they do on car SOS for example leaves you with every nut and bolt inspected, every seal and hose replaced and the shell taken back to bare metal before being re assembled, this way you get a car as good as if not better than the day it left the factory.

You sound like a right fan Mick, of the good old Ford Capri.

So let me ask you mate when your whizzing about in your Capri, which one of the Professional's did you want to be... Bodie or Doyle ?.

I always preferred Bodie's silver one ahead of Doyle's gold one, even though they were probably identical models apart from the colour lol.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)