+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ajax, what a class and thoughtful club.

Ajax, what a class and thoughtful club.

Ajax have gone to the trouble to have their Eredivisie winning Trophy melted down in order to share it with their fans.

They have created over 42,000 'champion stars' from the silverware and will distribute them to their season ticket holders. What an amazing gesture!

General Director Edwin Van der Sar, said, '' We have largely had to play without our fans in the stands due to covid''
    ''Despite this, we have felt their support. Now we are ensuring they feel part of our Championship''

Can you imagine the likes of Man Utd melting a few trophies down to share out? Nah I can't either.

Right, how many do you think RUFC can get out of our ......errrrrr.......errrrr....AutoGlass Shield trophy? Should just about cover our S/T sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Ajax have gone to the trouble to have their Eredivisie winning Trophy melted down in order to share it with their fans.

They have created over 42,000 'champion stars' from the silverware and will distribute them to their season ticket holders. What an amazing gesture!

General Director Edwin Van der Sar, said, '' We have largely had to play without our fans in the stands due to covid''
    ''Despite this, we have felt their support. Now we are ensuring they feel part of our Championship''

Can you imagine the likes of Man Utd melting a few trophies down to share out? Nah I can't either.

Right, how many do you think RUFC can get out of our ......errrrrr.......errrrr....AutoGlass Shield trophy? Should just about cover our S/T sales.
    To be fair I think mr grace melted it down on the Monday morning..