+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Notts match and season results

My first match was Notts County v Doncaster Rovers, 23 January 1965 as a 10 year old. I always remember there being a bloke at the back of the County Road stand with a dog on a piece of rope, amazing the odd things you remember. Looking at the Match stats, apparently there were just over 8,000 there.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    What a great question!
    I’m going to say Brian Kilcline, born 1962, made his debut on 6th October 1979.

Not Kilcline.
    He was the youngest player on duty at my first match, but some other child of the 1960s had made his Notts debut before Killer.

I'll leave you all guessing on that one but I can tell you that Brian Stubbs was the first 1950s born player to turn out for Notts.
    The first 1970s born player was Mark Draper.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Not Kilcline.
    He was the youngest player on duty at my first match, but some other child of the 1960s had made his Notts debut before Killer.

I'll leave you all guessing on that one but I can tell you that Brian Stubbs was the first 1950s born player to turn out for Notts.
    Was it Charlie? Probably not as I think he came after Killer was already here.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 13-05-2021 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Not Kilcline.

It pays to read the question properly! You said in a competitive match.

Kilcline was the first 60s child to make a league debut for Notts. In the same game another 60s child came on as substitute, Paul Manns. But he'd made his debut in August 1979 in the League Cup against Torquay. So I reckon it must be him.

February 24th 1990 Notts County 1 Huddersfield Town 0. A Gary Lund goal in the last minute sent me home happy!

The good old days...

Too young to properly remember the first, but I think it was against Coventry about 1984/85. Think we won 2-1. Always stood in the bit where Haydn Green is now.

Once , Phil Turner volleyed the ball and missed the goal and ****ted it right in my face. He came over and said sorry. I must only of been about 7!!!

Ahhhh. them's were the days!!!

9th Dec 1972. Notts 2 Lancaster City 1. FA Cup. Bradd and Randle scored

I really cant remember. I do know one of the earliest games I attended was when Peter Bonetti was in goal for Chelsea and there was talk about him being an England keeper and going to the world cup . Bearing that in mind I think that must have been around 1972 and I suppose it must have been a cup game. I'm sure these were some of the circumstances around Bonetti down at the lane.
    I can remember queuing to get in for the Leeds FA cup game biggest queue I had come across at that tender age. Arsenal down here in the cup and McManus saving a McDonald penalty but we still lost 1-0 I think.

When I went to my first game it was I think 1981 and I think it finished Notts 1 Chelsea 1. My dad got complementary tickets but I supported Liverpool at the time. My first game as a Notts fan was a 3-1 home win over Walsall I think in 85 or 86. We went 1 down and got 3 in the second half. In the Sirrel final era.

I can't remember exact but I think it was Exeter 1959/60

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast