+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roy Carroll on Magpie Circle

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    After Mace's hatchet job in the Altrincham preview I said I'd kick him into touch.
    I'd like to hear what Roy Carroll's got to say though, so I guess I'll have to suffer Mace one more time..
    His previews are definitely non-starters though for me.
    In fairness the interviews episodes such as this one have all been very good and well worth watching/listening to.

It’s the current ‘preview’ episodes where both Mace and Leigh really showed themselves up, largely out of their loyalty to the previous manager.

Like you/others on this thread I haven’t bothered since the horrible hatchet job from them just two weeks (!) ago where he said IB had achieved nothing as a a manager as he hadn’t worked in this country (wonder if Liverpool/Man City fans thought the same when they hired their current managers) and threatened things ‘would turn ugly’ with the fans towards the owner. I think Burchnall had been manager for a month at the time. Not sure if he’s acknowledged he may have been a little hasty in giving such a strong opinion? You’d like to think so.

Interesting that there was a period where Leigh was the only ever guest - listening to him blame all of our problems on Rodrigues and Sam twice a week got a bit repetitive after a while - but since we’ve started winning and Ruben’s been central to this, he’s not been on. May be a coincidence.

Look forward to listening to Roy though!

Quote Originally Posted by freemuzzy View Post
    In fairness the interviews episodes such as this one have all been very good and well worth watching/listening to.

It’s the current ‘preview’ episodes where both Mace and Leigh really showed themselves up, largely out of their loyalty to the previous manager.

Like you/others on this thread I haven’t bothered since the horrible hatchet job from them just two weeks (!) ago where he said IB had achieved nothing as a a manager as he hadn’t worked in this country (wonder if Liverpool/Man City fans thought the same when they hired their current managers) and threatened things ‘would turn ugly’ with the fans towards the owner. I think Burchnall had been manager for a month at the time. Not sure if he’s acknowledged he may have been a little hasty in giving such a strong opinion? You’d like to think so.

Interesting that there was a period where Leigh was the only ever guest - listening to him blame all of our problems on Rodrigues and Sam twice a week got a bit repetitive after a while - but since we’ve started winning and Ruben’s been central to this, he’s not been on. May be a coincidence.

Look forward to listening to Roy though!
    Apparently LC is / was on holiday.

I didn't like the hatchet job but since it has been good. Unfortunately that was the first I watched!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Also, very interesting to hear that Roy talked about Derry not getting the backing from the board financially in his second season.

We were at the top of the league for 4 or 5 months and then obviously we ended up getting relegated. Roy puts this down to the powers above and not Derry and also said it was the wrong choice to get Moniz in.

If Derry would have got the backing to keep the loan players, he believes we would have kicked on.

I mean, you've got to believe an ex player right? We just sit here and speculate.

Very interesting watch this.
    On the Derry seasons time that pretty much it in a nutshell. We swapped some really really good loan players for some very average signed ones. And predictably we were not then as good.

As to monitz, he just was too open, shame really.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12