+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roy Carroll on Magpie Circle

Roy Carroll on Magpie Circle

After Mace's hatchet job in the Altrincham preview I said I'd kick him into touch.
    I'd like to hear what Roy Carroll's got to say though, so I guess I'll have to suffer Mace one more time..
    His previews are definitely non-starters though for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    After Mace's hatchet job in the Altrincham preview I said I'd kick him into touch.
    I'd like to hear what Roy Carroll's got to say though, so I guess I'll have to suffer Mace one more time..
    His previews are definitely non-starters though for me.
    I didn't like the hatchet one but Monday's was ok.

I've not watched one since the painful and painfully slow hatchet job monologue one but I assume he's changed his tone a fair bit now.

When Leigh Curtis is back on I may have a listen just to see if Leigh Curtis still doesn't know where Ruben Rodrigues' best position is? Or whether he now knows why we signed him?! Before Altrincham game he appeared to have absolutely no idea on both.

And then Rodders did his thang

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I've not watched one since the painful and painfully slow hatchet job monologue one but I assume he's changed his tone a fair bit now.

When Leigh Curtis is back on I may have a listen just to see if Leigh Curtis still doesn't know where Ruben Rodrigues' best position is? Or whether he now knows why we signed him?! Before Altrincham game he appeared to have absolutely no idea on both.

And then Rodders did his thang
    To be fair you said he wasn't worth a place in the team on his current form at the time.

Yes and that's true, but previously I/We have all seen plenty to see why we signed him. Or did Leigh miss that?

As for his best position? Right wing back perhaps lol. It's never been too difficult to work out.

Looks like IB gave him the kick up the backside he needed , he showed it in training and more importantly now on the pitch. Playing better than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yes and that's true, but previously I/We have all seen plenty to see why we signed him. Or did Leigh miss that?

As for his best position? Right wing back perhaps lol. It's never been too difficult to work out.

Looks like IB gave him the kick up the backside he needed , he showed it in training and more importantly now on the pitch. Playing better than ever.
    It was a difficult one for Ardley to work out and seems he never cracked it. Then again every game was a tough game and we had to respect the point an prioritise the safety first approach at the expense of attack.
    Another example of his poor management skill set was that he didn't know Rodders best position and it seems did very little to give him the kick up the backside or man manage his talent as and when required.
    Last edited by PedroTheFisherman66; 13-05-2021 at 09:03 PM.

Brilliant watch. His Dad is a Notts County fan and his 2nd home is Nottingham. Basically Derry rang him up knowing this and got him in. Fair play. From Champions League to Notts. Just shows what an impact family can have on football.

Also, very interesting to hear that Roy talked about Derry not getting the backing from the board financially in his second season.

We were at the top of the league for 4 or 5 months and then obviously we ended up getting relegated. Roy puts this down to the powers above and not Derry and also said it was the wrong choice to get Moniz in.

If Derry would have got the backing to keep the loan players, he believes we would have kicked on.

I mean, you've got to believe an ex player right? We just sit here and speculate.

Very interesting watch this.

I think Paul mace probably has a lot of egg on his face at the moment but for the most part his opinions are worth a lot. I think he let himself down badly with the Birchnallgate episode though. Still I shall keep watching his stuff as for the most part its really good. Everyone makes a mistake sometimes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast