+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Takeover Musical Chairs

Takeover Musical Chairs

Americans now back in the frame (brought to you first on another thread by DCFCA!)

Are we bothered 'til the deal is actually done?

When did Mr Bean get appointed as CEO?

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    When did Mr Bean get appointed as CEO?
    Lol.

God help us.

We have to ask ourselves why it is that, thus far, we have only attracted "interest" from no hopers who don't have the funds nor the access to sufficient funds to effect the purchase of the club.

Now it seems like #3 is a USA Consortium fronted by Mr Rush. Last time he was here, didn't we pay over the odds for average players on long contracts and inflated wages? Wasn't that the reason for the parting of the waves because they all came from the Agency with which Mr Rush was associated and that was deemed to be a conflict of interest? Those were, I believe, the circumstances but I'm sure one or more of you can answer the questions to either confirm my memory or to correct me where wrong.

The vultures are circling. They smell blood in the water at MM eagerness to get rid.

If I was serious about buying DCFC, I'd want it into adminstration asap, so I could buy it for way less than its market value.
    The money saved, would then help me turn the club around.
    Of course MM wants as much back as he can (not that I blame him), so that leaves the club vulnerable to a Fawaz.

Been there, got the T shirt.

Report in the Daily Fail today that the club has commitments, over the next 12 months, to pay out £60M more on money borrowed and other debts than the expected income. That's nearly twice what's allowed over 3 seasons under FFP. Is it true? It's in the Fail so it might not be but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...60MILLION.html

Time for Mel to give the fans the facts........ but he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Report in the Daily Fail today that the club has commitments, over the next 12 months, to pay out £60M more on money borrowed and other debts than the expected income. That's nearly twice what's allowed over 3 seasons under FFP. Is it true? It's in the Fail so it might not be but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...60MILLION.html

Time for Mel to give the fans the facts........ but he won't.
    As you say, MA...it’s in the Mail so normally I’d take it with a proverbial ‘pinch of salt’.

Having said that...something just isn’t right. I’ve defended Mel Morris throughout for the failings of successive managers and players.
    Ultimately though he’s a businessman-owner and if we are in anything like the financial mess described then the sad, but unavoidable, conclusion is that that particular buck stops with him.

Agree with you...the fans deserve an explanation...but don’t hold your breath.

Anyone fancy putting a consortium together, Swale could be our financial backer, MA technical director, mista chief scout...?

And DCFCArmy Chief press officer 🥴

its all starting to take shape. After my mighty efforts in gaining new posters on this forum, maybe I could help mista on recruitment

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)