+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indian Variant

Indian Variant

Seems cases of the Indian Variant have doubled in a week and it’s worrying!!! Why therefore are indoor pubs still opening and other large venues going to reopen!! Whilst we need to get back to normal it seems pointless not waiting a little longer!

Presume Boris now has banned all flights coming in from India!

I was checking UK holidays as going overseas looks impossible and some of the prices are daylight robbery!

Which is why I booked our large family holiday in Cornwall next month back last September mate.

The profiteering by holiday home owners and companies working for them is an absolute disgrace.

I could make £3k a week letting out my place in Tenby this summer but I won’t do it.

I’d rather have it there for personal and family use at the drop of a hat.

The Channel 4 expose on what’s happening in Newquay with tenants being made homeless by landlords cashing in by selling up or turning into AIRBNB was a real eye opener.

Seeing good honest professional people being made homeless was a really sad sight.

The government was far too slow to shut down travel to and from India and why the hell anyone would want to travel there given the infection rates is unbelievable. I will be mighty annoyed if opening up is delayed owing to delayed action from the government and by irresponsible travelling and the same people not complying with distancing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Seems cases of the Indian Variant have doubled in a week and it’s worrying!!! Why therefore are indoor pubs still opening and other large venues going to reopen!! Whilst we need to get back to normal it seems pointless not waiting a little longer!

Presume Boris now has banned all flights coming in from India!

I was checking UK holidays as going overseas looks impossible and some of the prices are daylight robbery!
    Alright Al, I hope your health is good mate.

Regarding the pubs reopening, it's too late to delay opening on Monday now. My Dad's got a pub and he's having 12 barrels delivered by LWC tomorrow.

When you see the news reporting these stories, my initial thoughts are ‘here we go again’. You can see another restriction/lockdown coming and it’s as if this new indian variant is the latest way to justify it. There are other countries in the world such as the US and even UAE that have considerable amount of Indians in their overall population, yet they don’t have any cases being reported, but we do. As i’ve said before I find this bizzare. Is this the future? Where we keep opening and closing the economy till all business and livelihoods are brought to their knees?
    The situation in India isn’t great and I think the western nations should be doing a lot more to help not just for economic reasons but more humanitarian. One of the reasons for not putting parts of India in lockdown is that the poorer workers would be negatively impacted. This is where I think, other nations can provide financial support. I know we’re in a mess but if nations just chipped in a little, it could help. It’s worth nations looking into this. Also the issue with vaccine licences and the ramblings going in is disgraceful.

We have to factor in that members of the BAME community have not had a high uptake of the vaccinations. This maybe why there is an increase of this variant in certain areas of the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Alright Al, I hope your health is good mate.

Regarding the pubs reopening, it's too late to delay opening on Monday now. My Dad's got a pub and he's having 12 barrels delivered by LWC tomorrow.

Thank you Blood! I agree as many pubs which are small businesses are desperate to trade again or go bust!

Maybe we can share a barrel between us some time!

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    When you see the news reporting these stories, my initial thoughts are ‘here we go again’. You can see another restriction/lockdown coming and it’s as if this new indian variant is the latest way to justify it. There are other countries in the world such as the US and even UAE that have considerable amount of Indians in their overall population, yet they don’t have any cases being reported, but we do. As i’ve said before I find this bizzare. Is this the future? Where we keep opening and closing the economy till all business and livelihoods are brought to their knees?
    The situation in India isn’t great and I think the western nations should be doing a lot more to help not just for economic reasons but more humanitarian. One of the reasons for not putting parts of India in lockdown is that the poorer workers would be negatively impacted. This is where I think, other nations can provide financial support. I know we’re in a mess but if nations just chipped in a little, it could help. It’s worth nations looking into this. Also the issue with vaccine licences and the ramblings going in is disgraceful.

You are bang on with the US and UAE Regis as these are two countries where I spent a lot of time before lockdown/becoming ill! The UAE are even vaccinating 12 year olds and the US in many States are vaccinating t eenagers

I pray I can go to both these countries again soon as have flights booked for the US in July and August. I love the heat and it’s good for your health and clears up arthritis and many other ailments.
    Last edited by baggieal; 14-05-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    Good post mate.

So what's the take home from this evenings cosy chat to the nation? Well as I see it Johnson as given a clear signal that the total unlocking on June 21st was all BS. This power trip will continue to at least the end of September, cus y'know, that's when furlough is supposed to end. I see tiered areas again, masks, social distancing etc etc and all for what?? It's meant to run and run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)