+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1843

Thread: Transfer Talk (2021-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    so you don’t want a player who will run his blood to water for the team . You also don’t want a player who is hard to knock of the ball . Someone who has good ball control. Also good at heading. Sounds like you’d prefer Rotherham sign a lazy **** who Carnt tackle,head the ball or score a few goals.
    Smith's goal scoring record is hardly spectacular.

Yes great work rate, a tough player who gives his all. However because of that the others lump the ball to him in the air. It also encourages PW to play 4-5-1 type formations, no speed, no quick breaks just lump it towards Smith.

<> Transfers <>

Oxford United sign 23 year old left back Steve Seddon, undisclosed fee, 3 year contract,
    from Birmingham City

Tranmere Rovers sign 34 year old midfielder Sam Foley, 1 year contract

Wrexham sign 26 year old defender Harry Lennon, one year contract, option of a
    further extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    expecting a player to see his contract out by a club is treating them badly?. Has for yr reference to blackstock it’s got nothing to do with it .plus would you sign a sulky player?like you say word gets round.it works both ways.
    There was another player who took his wages for 12 months who didn’t play!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Smith's goal scoring record is hardly spectacular.

Yes great work rate, a tough player who gives his all. However because of that the others lump the ball to him in the air. It also encourages PW to play 4-5-1 type formations, no speed, no quick breaks just lump it towards Smith.
    With regards to smudge Grist, he most certainly isn't a natural striker, not just because of the way we play but because natural strikers dont/wont chase down the channels.
    For those of you that have read Brecks book, you will understand where I'm coming from with regards to an instance on the pitch when Brecks played a ball down the channels for Ronnie Moore to chase down in Ronnies first game for us.
    Smudge is a managers dream with regards to the fact that he will play totally for the team, and he will run the channels, whereas a more natural striker would tell the manager that he cant score goals if he has to run the channels. UTM

If given the right service Smith will get 20 goals this season .If we play 442 with 2 wingers and Ladapoo up front i see no reason why we cannot challenge for the top 3 .We just need a left back and a back up striker

ATM WE HAVE 2 GK

7 defenders(3 full backs) and 2 injured 6 midfielder's (3 wingers) 3 strikers

Add to that another full back coming in maybe a striker

and we 4 academy promoted to first team that gives us 22 ..Cooper/Hull defenders .Gratton MF and Greave striker

Its not all that bad to be honest. Key is keeping Smith happy and fit. Sadlier can play a more advanced role if needed

You missed Chapman of the list

Question.....if Crooks goes for £500,000 plus Wing, valued at £500,000....what do Northampton get, percentage of the total amount(above what we paid for him) or the £500,000???

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Question.....if Crooks goes for £500,000 plus Wing, valued at £500,000....what do Northampton get, percentage of the total amount(above what we paid for him) or the £500,000???
    I'd imagine an independent arbiter would have to rule on the 'real' value of the deal. Otherwise, clubs could simply get out of 'sell on fees' by just doing player swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'd imagine an independent arbiter would have to rule on the 'real' value of the deal. Otherwise, clubs could simply get out of 'sell on fees' by just doing player swaps.
    Not sure regarding current rules but can remember a 'similar' instance when DC was chairman (around 2007?) we sold Will Hoskins & Lee Williamson to Watford for an alleged combined fee of £1.2m??.
    It was apparently heavily waited towards Hoskins with a nominal valuation against Williamson even though the latter was the better player.
    This was due to a 'sell on clause' to his former club, which ironically, was...........Northampton!!

p.s. before anyone pulls me up I did state 'similar' instance, as that involved two players going the same way (not a 'swap' deal) but I think the same principles would have applied?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    There was another player who took his wages for 12 months who didn’t play!
    Danny Schofield?

Page 102 of 185 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152 ... LastLast