+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 114 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1843

Thread: Transfer Talk (2021-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It’s not about the money pal it’s bringing in another midfielder and the thoughts of Lindsay being left out is the point I’m making, I hope that player is tenacious, hard tackling and committed that’s all.
    I like Jamie Lindsay.
    He won't be left out if he performs to the best of his ability, manager will have no option than to play him.
    Bringing a utility player in is good business, gives competition in quite a few positions.

My reference to £300k was to bring some perspective to the pre- season whereby some clubs are chucking money about and others are not able to.
    Btw...it is about money Ipswich Town are one example, going for it this season and probably be one of the favourites for winners of League 1.

It isn't just about the money (although it helps if invested correctly) its more about coaching.

Look at Leicester & West Ham as examples of money spent wisely and good coaching as opposed to Everton were the money is 'wasted'.

If it was only down to money, which is dictated by income (tv money, gate money, sponsorship & directors loans) which is basically dictated by the perceived size of the club, then Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth & Wednesday should walk the third division.
    Based on more recent Premier league history you could also add Bolton, Wigan & Charlton to that list.

I bet we finish above most of those clubs, if we get the "four extra players" in and don't loose Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Mattock signed his current contract in October 2019 on the back of playing 44 league games in the 18/19 season, and starting all but two games up to that point in 19/20. It probably didn't seem like a gamble or an 'old pals act' at that point.
    Don't let the facts get in the way of the usual suspects having a "we know better than the manager" moan.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Don't let the facts get in the way of the usual suspects having a "we know better than the manager" moan.
    Mattock signed his current contract in October 2019 on the back of playing 44 league games in the 18/19 season, and starting all but two games up to that point in 19/20. It probably didn't seem like a gamble or an 'old pals act' at that point.
    It's not too long ago that Joe Mattock was voted ' Player's Player of the Year ' at the end of the season.....maybe player's know something fans don't..
    I wish him well and a quick recovery, if all else fails he can always concentrate on his Music business.

Maybe sometimes management get it wrong

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    You can't say that....they're gods and know no wrong.

Thing is once the season kicks off, we ALL need to get behind Warne and the lads irrespective what thoughts we have.....

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    It's not too long ago that Joe Mattock was voted ' Player's Player of the Year ' at the end of the season.....maybe player's know something fans don't..
    I wish him well and a quick recovery, if all else fails he can always concentrate on his Music business.
    2018 season he was voted players player of the season. I haven't checked but I'm guessing he played more minutes that season than he's played in the 2 season since. Someone once said. A week's a long time in football. The squad from 3 year ago, half are now playing non league

How have Ipswich suddenly got a load of money. Isn't there FFP in League 1? Percentage of income etc. They got rid of most of the team but still costs to replace (especially if buying). I know Norwich have poached some young lads off of them for money, I hope they haven't given them too much, end up helping them against us! Not that Norwich really care about that.

Even with wealthy owners, you can't easily buy your way out of this division.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    They do and I think they have with regards to Mattock but I can say that with benefit of hindsight.

They do and I think they have with regards to Mattock but I can say that with benefit of hindsight.
    Always said if he wasn’t left sided he would have been gone a long time ago……his record and fans opinions were well documented at his time at pigs…and they said good player but keeping him fit was the problem…..maybe his deal here is based on appearances and wages reflect his injury record and he knows that he might not get a deal anywhere else,added to his left sidedness and us not being able to bring a readied replacement (thought we have tried plenty) over the years is why he is still here…

Page 114 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164 ... LastLast