+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 119 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1843

Thread: Transfer Talk (2021-2022)

Does anyone actually know if we have any players “in the bag” yet seem to remember millertop and Clarkey saying they were imminent/incoming we seem to be linked with all sorts of players and no ones arriving

It is always at least a week after nailed on rumours follow with actual signings. we never do owt quick and prob why we have so many players poached from under our noses.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Does anyone actually know if we have any players “in the bag” yet seem to remember millertop and Clarkey saying they were imminent/incoming we seem to be linked with all sorts of players and no ones arriving
    I’m confident we’ll get one out of the four we’ve been trying for.

**** Wing and Boro.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    We know this has fact do we? Warney might not want overpriced players either
    If other clubs are interested then they’ll more than likely choose them because most are generally a ‘bigger’ club
    I agree topper.

Ultimately it's up to the player who he wants to sign for.
    No good having sour grapes because he's chosen another club.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I agree topper.

Ultimately it's up to the player who he wants to sign for.
    No good having sour grapes because he's chosen another club.
    No I’m still going to moan Frank, need to get it out of my system so I don’t abuse the officials too much

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    No I’m still going to moan Frank, need to get it out of my system so I don’t abuse the officials too much
    That's it lad, get it out of your system before the season kicks off....

All we need now is for Michael Smith to score a hat-trick on Friday against Boro...
    and Warnock to sign him...😂👎

I've decided I'm just hoping to enjoy (?) watching live footie again this season and try not to get too bogged down where we finish in the league.As long as we don't go down again I wont be too pissed off...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    On the subject of transfers, do you think the reason why we haven't dipped into the loan market is because the biggest majority of our loan signings last year were a complete waste of money and we dont want to get stung again? Just a thought....
    In all honesty I imagine it is a number of factors. Top 2 being the harsh truth.

1. Our style of play, last season especially, was often brutal to watch. Only people who love the club could put themselves through the hoofball game after game. If I were a team looking to send out some young lads for experience then I don't think I would look to us as first port of call. They will develop, bruises. More experienced players are pickier anyway and generally cost more in wages due to where they are in their careers.

2. We are tight with the purse strings. Financially sound and we don't overcommit on players. This is a sensible way to secure the future of the club but often means we get cropped out of the better quality of players. The standard then drops and you end up taking more of a punt, albeit a cheaper one, on players. i.e. Hirst last season. I value our pursuit of value but I can imagine us being a pain to negotiate with. I get the impression we negotiate every last penny of a deal. Wise but drags everything out and then teams probably come straight in and do deals quicker, under our nose.

13:55KEY EVENT
    Accies accept Odoffin offer
    Hamilton have accepted an offer for Hakeem Odoffin from Rotherham.

The English League One side have now been given permission to hold talks with the 23-year-old, writes Scott Burns.

Odoffin is now expected to travel south for a medical and talks with the Millers.

Rotherham have had three bids turned down but now look to get their man.

Hibs, St Mirren and Motherwell have all shown interest in Odoffin in recent weeks.

It is a blow for Accies just days before they kick-off their Championship campaign.

Odoffin arrived from Livingston last season and really flourished after Brian Rice switched him from defence to holding midfield.

The Englishman is out-of-contract at the end of the season and Accies have taken the money now so Rice can strengthen his squad for a Championship promotion push.

Good news. Just another week to possibly get him over the line.

We could do with a good defensive midfielder. Aint had one of those for a while.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 27-07-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    )

No I think you mean millertop and cayton…..I was just being facetious by saying immincoming cos nothing was happening when things kept getting said..!..

I have no info but surely by odds someone should be coming in sooner or later…
    Last edited by clarkey1974; 27-07-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Page 119 of 185 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast