+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Burnley v Leeds Match Preview

Tarkowski misses a sitter.

If ever there is a case for recruitment and young legs then this is it!!! Big job in the summer; we are too leggy with age for me. We have not even been able to fill the subs bench. Does anyone know what the situation is with Benson? I may have missed something!
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 15-05-2021 at 01:22 PM.

Absolute shoite, dross.Made weeds look like Brazil.This squad needs some serious additions during the Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Absolute shoite, dross.Made weeds look like Brazil.This squad needs some serious additions during the Summer.
    They’re a good side CIB but nevertheless were simply short of quality , and talk about getting exposed with no pace.

It’s going to be a long season next year if we don’t recruit with some younger quicker quality , I have to say that Bielasa fit must be a level above Dyche fit though.

If Dyche stays and I’ve said this before I’d like to see him change tactically in games as we are so
    Predictable in what we do - I appreciate that’s down to personnel as well but we can’t carry on like this.

It was obvious from the word go Bielsa`s tactics were to rush our players and it worked.We were completely exposed as lacking quality, pace, passing ability under pressure and then the manager not being able to change when things go wrong.
    Really impressed with Leeds.

After that the only thing to say is lets hope we improve the team before the start of next season.

I'm already looking for next seasons relegation prices.lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    After that the only thing to say is lets hope we improve the team before the start of next season.
    Anything more than 2 points in the opening 7 games and it will be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Anything more than 2 points in the opening 7 games and it will be a breeze.
    I don’t think we have the squad to do it again Chris
    Lowton , cork, JBG ( sicknote ) Barnes ( sicknote )
    Brady ( sicknote) peters ( back up at best ) Beardsley ( age ).
    Tarky ( probably off ) Pope ( could go tbh ) Mcneil ( could go with right offer ) Long ( age )

When you write it down like above it’s very worrying

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    That is the fourth or fifth time this season we have backed off players and they score
    I have lost count of the number of goals we have conceded this season because opposing players have been allowed to run forty or fifty yards unscathed from the centre of midfield and score goals. Why Mee and Tarkowski constantly fail to come out and engage the threatening player is way beyond me.

The solution is obvious; buy, beg, steal or borrow a player like Kalvin Phillips, who can provide defensive cover in the final third, a player who will engage with the threat of a player who is running with the ball and turn the tap off this particularly worrying and season long supply line of threats on the Clarets goal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)