+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season finale with Ross County

Season finale with Ross County

Motherwell end the season with a home game with Ross County on Sunday. The visitors need a point to avoid the play-off. - External Link

Fingers crossed an entertaining and high-scoring draw.

Dundee United could still overtake us even if we draw tomorrow. Yes, its very unlikely, but if they beat St Mirren by 4 goals and we draw then the SPFL will recognise United, and not us, as 7th place finishers.

That's a gamble I'm more than willing to take given the risk/reward.

Predict Ross County win with White scoring.
    We have little to play for and visitors have more at stake.
    Hopefully SPL be rid of TWO plastic pitches season end

Two changes: Out Campbell (didn't make the bench), Lawless In Crawford, O'Hara

Poor display but it looked like a side on the beach playing a side fighting for their lives so no complaints. And I'm much rather County stay up than Killie, though I suspect Lafferty will see them ok in the play-off.

A bad day shouldn't ruin what has been an excellent end to the season but boy oh boy do we have work to do in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    A bad day shouldn't ruin what has been an excellent end to the season but boy oh boy do we have work to do in summer.
    It shouldn't, but hopefully it will at least remind the manager that we were ****e for most of our "excellent" end to the season too.

Quote Originally Posted by numpty13 View Post
    It shouldn't, but hopefully it will at least remind the manager that we were ****e for most of our "excellent" end to the season too.
    I hope he's never lost sight of that tbh. We were excellent in winning at Easter Road and played pretty well in beating Killie. But that apart even in winning we've been what could most generously be described as 'functional'...

Alexander was signed to keep us up and then rebuild the squad. He's done the first bit, let's see how he gets on with the second.

As HD says, the manager has achieved the first part of his remit and should get due recognition for doing so with essentially the same players who were struggling under Stephen Robinson. However, he now faces a major challenge to rebuild as today v County simply underlined the poor quality of this squad. Touch, control, passing, decision making is woefully inadequate. Crawford tries hard but that’s about it. Lawless contributes very little and gets caught on the ball. Magloire - I presume he played instead of Gallagher as GA wanted to make a point about who is boss - please do not sign Magloire. I could go on.

We are crying out for a creative midfielder. Oh, for a Bobby Russell or even a Nicky Law.GA is going to have to find some proper footballers, not just guys that can “play 40 or 50 games a season” as he has been quoted as saying. I don’t know who they are or where we can find them tbut we need half a dozen good footballers or next season could be a horror show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)