+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: realistic expectations

I think we should have the basis for a strong defene. That should keep us up at least. Whether we challenge at the top will depend on our fire power. If its only mediocre we will prob finish made table. If we can get someone banging in the goals regularly we could expect a promotion push.

Depends if Tony stewart gives us a vauxhall conference budget for league 1 like he has done for the championship

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Depends if Tony stewart gives us a vauxhall conference budget for league 1 like he has done for the championship

He's never given us a vauxhall conference budget since he's owned the club, why should he start now. Second lowest budget in the championship, what did people expect, loan or buy players they couldn't afford.?

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I like a lot of what you’ve said. Unfortunately Rotherham don’t have a plan .
    Well lets keep everything crossed that there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Automatic promotion, nothing else will do. Roth U have always played with wingers. No more wing backs. Any player that wants to go let them go. There was no Ajayi or Vaulks in the side last season. No more giving sick notes a contract.
    So if we get promoted via the play offs, we should sack the manager because he should have done it Automatically?
    That could be an interesting discussion on praise or grumble and the EFL on quest lol UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    So if we get promoted via the play offs, we should sack the manager because he should have done it Automatically?
    That could be an interesting discussion on praise or grumble and the EFL on quest lol UTM
    The day that Rotherham confirmed promotion last season he wanted Paul Warne sacked. He's a little strange. Sorry, I meant very.

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    The day that Rotherham confirmed promotion last season he wanted Paul Warne sacked. He's a little strange. Sorry, I meant very.
    Yeah I think we all know that buddy 🤔😂

My take. First off to everyone out there, if it's a mass clear out or rather players we would rather have hoped to keep but they leave, then accept it. Should this actually happen, then for me it's all about patience.

We will have an average budget nothing spectacular due to the loss of revenue, (let's not go there), so expect to see a complete overall. By that I mean a rebuild, a time consuming effort that will not see an instant return the the Championship but a rebuild that will incorporate the likes of, Kayode, Gratton, Hull, Clarke at left back, please stop laughing I'm serious.

I personally do not expect an instant return to the Championship and will not be disappointed if we fail but, I would expect a mid table finish or that would be a failure. It's all down to the nucleus we keep, IF we do retain a lot of our original side then we surely must be a good contender of the play offs?

I don't believe there are big clubs like Pompey, Ipswich, Sunderland but I do fear their new Managers and what they are capable of bringing in pre season but as we know , all new teams have to gel. Let's also look at the new boys coming up, Cambridge, Cheltenham Bolton and whoever shows from Morecambe, Newport, Forest Green or Tranmere. They will all want to make their mark.

No we won't drop another league and I fully expect Warne to make a good stamp on League 1. Let's be honest, fail badly come Xmas and surely he knows his time is up but, give the man a chance and let's see what is produced first before the shouts of Warne out are heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    My take. First off to everyone out there, if it's a mass clear out or rather players we would rather have hoped to keep but they leave, then accept it. Should this actually happen, then for me it's all about patience.

We will have an average budget nothing spectacular due to the loss of revenue, (let's not go there), so expect to see a complete overall. By that I mean a rebuild, a time consuming effort that will not see an instant return the the Championship but a rebuild that will incorporate the likes of, Kayode, Gratton, Hull, Clarke at left back, please stop laughing I'm serious.

I personally do not expect an instant return to the Championship and will not be disappointed if we fail but, I would expect a mid table finish or that would be a failure. It's all down to the nucleus we keep, IF we do retain a lot of our original side then we surely must be a good contender of the play offs?

I don't believe there are big clubs like Pompey, Ipswich, Sunderland but I do fear their new Managers and what they are capable of bringing in pre season but as we know , all new teams have to gel. Let's also look at the new boys coming up, Cambridge, Cheltenham Bolton and whoever shows from Morecambe, Newport, Forest Green or Tranmere. They will all want to make their mark.

No we won't drop another league and I fully expect Warne to make a good stamp on League 1. Let's be honest, fail badly come Xmas and surely he knows his time is up but, give the man a chance and let's see what is produced first before the shouts of Warne out are heard.
    I wouldn't say I dont expect an instant return to the championship, simply because we have been spoilt in div 1 in recent seasons, so our expectations at this level are off the scale, unlike gru's , which are off the planet.
    Without knowing who we will keep it's hard to say what is reasonable expectation, but as things stand, I would be expecting a fair go at a play off place.
    For the first time as manager of RUFC, I think PW is under pressure in his job, and it will be interesting to see how that affects him, but even for all the tears and his good guy persona, he's mentally tough and has a desire about him that I admire. However, it will be an interesting close season, which will give us an indication of what to expect, and I personally believe TS will give PW, a very reasonable budget for next season UTM

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I cant believe people on here can say how next season is going to go by now. Just read through the post from the begining of August last year, people actually thought we were going to finish mid table and some thought high......ffs.
    I don't know how these people think......................
    Maybe they thought the players were good enough but the **** that was thrown at us was just too much especially when managers didn’t rest some when possible

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast