+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V Palace

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post

Ps, you do know the Egyptions did not Build the Pyramids!!
    Dave, I have read Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Däniken but it failed to convince me that extra terrestrials were responsible for the construction of the Pyramids

THE FALL OFF of our form is in parallel with the outbreak of covid in our training camp. Given that up to 12 of our players got the virus, and that long covid can take months to clear up, I don't think we should be calling out the management or the players. We were on target to get into the top six, and I feel we would have if the outbreak had not happened. In December Smith was the manager of the month, then covid changed our trajectory. The come back into form was further exacerbated by Jack's injury. I know its frustrating given our form up to the covid event was so good, but even with this slip in form, we are still making great strides forward. lets just keep the faith, and be patient.

Long Covid - based on what the ordinary guy/gal on the street has said about it there's no way on this earth an athlete could compete for any length of time. Undoubtedly when you're on a run of form you want the next game to come soon so the enforced break may play a part but then part & parcel of being professionals is having the mentality to navigate the situation.

We have a young side and inconsistency is therefore expected, but questions have to be asked of why DS is unable to out-think his opposite number, too many times it's the other way round. Defensively we are a million miles better than last season and that is why our defeats have only been by a one goal margin for the most part, we need technical players in front of them who can retain possession under pressure. I think the biggest disappointment this season is we are left wondering what might have been but perhaps it's a blessing in disguise.

Weve had a sniff this year, behind the scenes the gap analysis would have been drawn up and the areas if improvement identified, its now not just a case of new signings for the team but for the squad, strength and quality in depth.

Freer, I do not believe in Aliens, that was a typical cheap shot, the Puramids cannit be explained and were there before the great flood, who did build them and how remains a mystery, had the Egyptians built them then this would have been passed down in knowledge. People have written that they were the first intelegent civilisation until they dicovered Gobekli Teki built some 6000 years before the Egyptian pyramids!

Sorry my spelling is shocking again.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)