+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Palace

V Palace

No real point in this match apart from more game time for Jack and maybe a debut for Chucky which, I doubt he will get but honestly, for what Barkley is worth, I would throw him in....

Tbh I’d like is to finish as high as possible whether that’s 10th 9th 8th ?? So let’s get at em n Jack showed in 15 mins why we’ve missed him and hopefully he’ll start or at least come on sooner..

Weak defending I was tighter to Benteke when he scored than Hause…. I was watching at home !

Second half(we were totally over run) Why not take off ?

1.) The ineffective El Ghazi (who's shooting in the second period was more likely to worry planes landing at Heathrow than Jack Butland)

2.) Or the invisible Traore off & bring on Nakamba or even Chukwuemeka ?

But no Deano takes a leaf out of the Steve Bruce guide to ineffectual management by leaving it until the 87th min then throws on 2 strikers in expectation one of our aimless punts lands on a Villa players head in Palaces box

As the season fizzles out Smith must recognise the potential caveats of his tactical shortcomings

Apart from that everything was wonderful

Stay safe everyone

Sums it up pretty well Freer, I went from being optimistic at half time to despair before they equalised as you just knew what was going to happen. Arguably with Cash instead of Elmo we don't lose that game but that would have been harsh on Palace who stepped onto us and the clueless Smith had no answer to it. We have a sizeable backroom team too that must cost a fortune yet we can't manage games or score from the plentiful supply of corners/free-kicks.

Ramsey has been criticised on social media but I thought he did ok, this has been a long run of poor results punctuated by the odd win and it's s good thing we were safe weeks ago.

The keyboard warriors are always looking to vent. To be fair, I could not get up for this game and dare I say it had us to lose in my accy.....sorry.
    I am surprised Smith dropped Barkley. Minutes on the pitch for Jack who needs to start v Spurs or Southgate will have justification to not bring him to the Euros.
    Another defeats wednesday But i'm expecting us to win v Chelsea as we have 10k fans inside VP and They will be resting players fro the CL final having securred a top 4 place?

Spot on Freer, we were, in my opinion, fkcuing rubbish, again!!!

Outplayed this season by far too many sides. We can’t have certain players turning it on for 3 mins a game, and then causing us damage for 87mins. It’s bloody wrong.

We’ve been outplayed by most teams, either at home or away, or both. We’ve been lucky enough to win more than our fair share. We’ve been better than last year, and the year before that, but we’re still fkcuing rubbish.

How sh1t must we have been?

Could be worse, we could be Everton!

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Could be worse, we could be Everton!
    Erm not too sure about taking consolation from Everton's demise Dave

More concerned with Dean's all too predictable game plan & his perpetual excuses for Villa’s monumental decline in form since the turn of the year!

Jesus H Christ, Smith has more people helping him to manage than the ancient Egyptians employed when they built the Great Pyramid at Giza

Realistically without our early season points we definitely would have been embroiled in another battle to avoid relegation

I can’t see the owners being too charitable if Smith’s shortcomings manifest themselves early next term

Yes freer, you are spot on. I ref Everton as I lost my accy with them losing and went to vent on their boards, crikey, I didnt have to. They are getting slaughtered!
    Ps, you do know the Egyptions did not Build the Pyramids!!

I am not anti-Smith, and this rebuild is going to take quite a while. It’s a whole new team that’s being built, bar McGinn and Jack. DS ain't a bad manager, just a scared one

I believe that the back 5 is ok, with Matty Cash needing to reign in his enthusiasm from time to time. Midfield is a joke, as are the widemen options. Upfront, we’re a bit powder-puff.

We need 2 B@stards in midfield. Jack and Ollie out wide, and a proper goalscorer.

Next Summer (2022) we can buy proper widemen with the money from the sale of Jack.

So 3 serious signings this Summer, added to the present squad and youth players (If DS has the courage to put them in).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)