+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Burnley - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Disappointed is a polite way of putting it.
    There are several other words which can add to the posting contribution.
    Describe it how you like Billy, won't change anything (and I think you have the wrong end of the stick, from HO's post). I suspect HO was referring to folks being more inclined to post when we lose because there is disappointment at the loss, he wasn't referring to the number of posts when we win v lose.

As for how many did yesterday, who knows precisely why. I was working from 6:00am until 6:00pm and was too sha66ed when I got home, despite being delighted at the win.

For my part, I'm glad when folks post, irrespective of the result or what is posted, generates some discussion, and I'm not going to criticise when they don't, it's their choice, one way or t'other.

Oh and by the way, super result! Watched the MOTD highlights (much better than the 3 minutes Sky decided to make available), and hugely impressed with all the players, and delighted with what the pundits had to say., very nice to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Think that's just the nature of the beast, Pete.When a team doesn't perform well, everybody likes to put their Manager's hat on with their opinions on how to fix it! 😀All comes from being disappointed in losing though. Nothing more I reckon...☺
    Yes mate i know what you are saying, But why not 100 plus posts on how good we have played and positive comments, Not the nature of the beast at all, seriously some jump on when we lose it doesnt make sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Agree. That was nothing.

I don’t quite get Burnley. You do have some decent individual players, but the whole often seems less than the sum of the parts.
    Agreed. Fulham also have a few decent players. Same issue with Burnley though, i.e. can't score enough goals. West Brom and Sheffield United didnt have enough good players. Interesting next season for Burnley because both Norwich and Watford have quite a few decent players. Might be interesting for us too if we don't get 2 or 3 more decent players.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Describe it how you like Billy, won't change anything (and I think you have the wrong end of the stick, from HO's post). I suspect HO was referring to folks being more inclined to post when we lose because there is disappointment at the loss, he wasn't referring to the number of posts when we win v lose.

As for how many did yesterday, who knows precisely why. I was working from 6:00am until 6:00pm and was too sha66ed when I got home, despite being delighted at the win.

For my part, I'm glad when folks post, irrespective of the result or what is posted, generates some discussion, and I'm not going to criticise when they don't, it's their choice, one way or t'other.

Oh and by the way, super result! Watched the MOTD highlights (much better than the 3 minutes Sky decided to make available), and hugely impressed with all the players, and delighted with what the pundits had to say., very nice to hear.
    Not sure it was my post but agree with what you say.

The second half we played some great fluid and fluent stuff. Great to see Klich back in form and Harrison too. Maybe that comes from stability at the back.

Meslier stepped up at key moments once again.

Quote Originally Posted by pete1967b View Post
    Yes mate i know what you are saying, But why not 100 plus posts on how good we have played and positive comments, Not the nature of the beast at all, seriously some jump on when we lose it doesnt make sense...
    With lockdown easing and the game being on BT harder to watch some games live.

Think there is a general consensus that we have had a great season - the squad as a whole has done well - relief that Bielsa is staying and excitement for next season.

All seems like gravy.

Think it could be a case of venting frustration on here is betterc than being grumpy with the family and friends when we lose. Posting here, I guess is a release for some.

I didn't post much yesterday because in order to watch the match in peace, I had to agree to do a week's ironing whilst watching Lol!

Human nature is to analyse and pull apart all the negative stuff whilst taking a lot of positives for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Not sure it was my post but agree with what you say.

The second half we played some great fluid and fluent stuff. Great to see Klich back in form and Harrison too. Maybe that comes from stability at the back.

Meslier stepped up at key moments once again.
    Sorry, was Ozwhites post!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Sorry, was Ozwhites post!
    👍

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)