+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Retained / released list

Retained / released list

I wonder what Furman and Scott have done to offend Beech?

It's sadly predictable they've been released.

Furman looked excellent when he came off the bench recently against Bolton, his reward - to be unceremoniously dropped without trace.

Scott also never was given a fair opportunity. Our forwards have been struggling for goals all season and we have a prolific striker kicking his heels on the bench. He's been released purely due to Beech's thick headed stubborness and inability to ever admit his own mistakes.

I reckon both players can be successful at tier four level, so maybe bidding farewell to Beech is the best thing for their careers.

Another thing which makes no sense us the extension of Toure's contract. His level of performance for 75% of the season has been abysmal. On what crazy basis have we extended him?

Further to this, it's really disappointing we've offered new contracts to Anderton and Patrick. Anderton is below Armer in the pecking order now and really struggled for form for the majority of the season.

Patrick's form was also a disaster area with extremely poor end product for the majority of the time.

We need better than this if we're serious about promotion.

i think it's only the fans who are serious about promotion.

Firman was never the played I expected him to be and seemed to be a luxury with some games passing him by. Maybe he wants away, who knows. Toure I can live with as long as somebody puts a bullet up his arse and tells him what the objective of the game really is. He has ability and it needs an end product. Anderson can piss off, Scott would never be more than a bench-warmer so I reckon that’s a good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet_Phoenix View Post
    Further to this, it's really disappointing we've offered new contracts to Anderton and Patrick. Anderton is below Armer in the pecking order now and really struggled for form for the majority of the season.

Patrick's form was also a disaster area with extremely poor end product for the majority of the time.

We need better than this if we're serious about promotion.
    Patrick was the only player who threatened going forward IMO.

Patrick likes to dribble, but is painfully one footed and also has no end product.

That's the problem with players like Toure and Patrick, they flatter to deceive. When they receive the ball they're all quick shuffly feet and step-overs, but more often than not end up giving the ball away.

That’s another thing about Mellish, giving the ball away. His passing can be diabolical.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)