+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg Barnsley v Swansea City Match Thoughts

Val needs to be telling them not to give away any free kicks on the edge of the box, they’ve somebody called Hourihane who’s pretty handy from there. It’s going to be a very tight game though and I’m expecting a goalless draw.

3 nill up by half time. We coast to a 5 nill win. With the crowd making Oakwell feel full.. we then go to Swansea and face there crowd. Loose 3 nill.... we go to Wembley and people STILL moan cos we lost 3 nill away.....

Starting to feel the knots in my stomach as we draw closer to tomorrow night .

Feckin hell this is huge isn't it ?

Tomorrow nights line up will be interesting , we know the runners and riders but unsure how they will be deployed .

Does Solly come in for Sibbick in the back three ? , I feel personally his experience could be v ital with Ayew and Lowe in their lineup .

Do we go for it up top for the first hour ? , Dike , Woodrow and Morris to start but doesn't leave anything of note coming on off the bench if the game as expected is very tight .

Or do we leave Morris or Dike on the bench and come on for the last half hour and try to exploit any drop in Swansea's energy levels ?

Totally different thinking has to come in to play off football I'd suggest .

None more so than the second leg which could potentially play havoc with our substitute strategy with the conundrum of extra time , perhaps that's for another conversation nearer saturday evening .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 16-05-2021 at 10:42 AM.

COME ON YOU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDS.
    Is about all i can think....Rose tinted glasses firmly glued..

Good luck for Monday night lads and lasses.
    Looking forward to watching it on the box.
    It's within your grasp, just try to keep them quiet for the first 20/25 mins and frustrate them.
    Val will have a game plan...🍷👍

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Good luck for Monday night lads and lasses.
    Looking forward to watching it on the box.
    It's within your grasp, just try to keep them quiet for the first 20/25 mins and frustrate them.
    Val will have a game plan...🍷👍
    Your a real gent Frank , thanks so much for your good wishes .

Glad I'm off work today to tell the truth , how could anyone be expected to focus on their job today is beyond me .

Taking my step daughter and grandson out for lunch for the first time in ........ well god knows how long .

Back in the pub , fans back in the stadium tonight and a championship play off semi final .

Today will be a great day .

3 hours to go, has anybody started twitching yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    3 hours to go, has anybody started twitching yet?
    Aye , just a bit , It's not going to get any better either , wiv Saturday neet yit .

Terrible init.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast