+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol

Because Ashton Gate has always been a clear and obvious rival to Wembley Stadium in the 'desirable and prestigious venues' stakes.

*sigh*

I’ll take an opportunity to see my 5 month old great nephew in for the first time IF we get there, as my niece lives there. Apart from that terrible venue choice location-wise.

I'd have thought Villa Park would've been the obvious choice if not Wembley but this is just rather odd

It will take about 20 minutes longer than Wembley and probably 2 hours longer than Leicester.

Vanarama National League Play-Off Schedule

Saturday, June 5, 2021 – 4pm
    Elimination Round – Match A – 5th place vs 6th place

Sunday, June 6, 2021 – 4pm
    Elimination Round – Match B – 4th place vs 7th Place

Saturday, June 12, 2021 – 12pm
    Semi Final – 2nd place vs winner of Match A

Sunday, June 13, 2021 – 12pm
    Semi Final – 3rd place vs winner of Match B

Sunday, June 20, 2020 – 2pm
    Final – Ashton Gate

So it appears that if we come 5th or 6th and win, we will be playing Sutton or Torquay in the semi-final.
    Think it might be better to come 4th (highly unlikely) or 7th(nail biting)

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    I'd have thought Villa Park would've been the obvious choice if not Wembley but this is just rather odd
    I was driving on the M1 today, and saw a couple of signs on the overhead gantries telling me to 'minimise travel'. If that's the official guidance, the decision to play the final at Bristol makes no sense at all. Of the ten (by my reckoning) possible participants, the geographical spread of clubs means a central location has to be the only logical solution. Leicester or Villa would both have been an ideal fit, but just like awarding a World Cup to Qatar it makes you wonder if backhanders sealed the deal.

On another note, the journey home from Ashton Gate on the supporters coach (possibly train?) many years ago was one of the happiest I can remember. I think it was the last game of the season (over to you UTM) and City had already secured promotion. This was supposed to be their celebration party, but we had other ideas. As I recall, Ray O'Brien scored a screamer to give us a 2-1 win which meant we finished above Forest in the second division table. If we do manage to get there, I hope it's a happy omen.

You couldn't make this stuff up of all the places Ashton Gate.

If it's being played down there why not the Millennium Stadium as that is close by and was used when Wembley was being redeveloped?

As others have said or even a central location like Villa Park or King Power.

If it's a limited attendance why does it really matter?

Ideally the midlands would be obvious choice but football fans haven't been able to travel for over a year and when we now can (fingers crossed) we are moaning that it's in the South West.

Great city, top night out. If we are lucky enough to get there no complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    It will take about 20 minutes longer than Wembley and probably 2 hours longer than Leicester.

Vanarama National League Play-Off Schedule

Saturday, June 5, 2021 – 4pm
    Elimination Round – Match A – 5th place vs 6th place

Sunday, June 6, 2021 – 4pm
    Elimination Round – Match B – 4th place vs 7th Place

Saturday, June 12, 2021 – 12pm
    Semi Final – 2nd place vs winner of Match A

Sunday, June 13, 2021 – 12pm
    Semi Final – 3rd place vs winner of Match B

Sunday, June 20, 2020 – 2pm
    Final – Ashton Gate

So it appears that if we come 5th or 6th and win, we will be playing Sutton or Torquay in the semi-final.
    Think it might be better to come 4th (highly unlikely) or 7th(nail biting)
    If we got that far and it came down to playing Sutton or Torquay in the final then we would have nothing to be afraid of in my opinion. We've beaten Sutton twice this season, and performed well enough against Torquay to beat them on another day and we drew them earlier in the season. So we've not lost to any of those two this season.

Name:  _115682140_gettyimages-1229423836.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  93.3 KB

Its not Wembley but its not a bad stadium now.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    Name:  _115682140_gettyimages-1229423836.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  93.3 KB

Its not Wembley but its not a bad stadium now.
    Think I can see my 4 seats

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast