+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bristol

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    No but then again its not fair QF/SF play off games have home fans eithers.

IMO the season should be played out BCD.
    So you want to remove the advantage and reward for teams finishing higher? Playing away at somewhere like Sutton where they will be allowed in the region of 1200 isn’t going to give them some massive unfair advantage.
    It would be like a team moaning that Notts have ‘only’ averaged 5000 so they shouldn’t be allowed to sell more tickets than that because it would be ‘unfair’.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    So you want to remove the advantage and reward for teams finishing higher? Playing away at somewhere like Sutton where they will be allowed in the region of 1200 isn’t going to give them some massive unfair advantage.
    It would be like a team moaning that Notts have ‘only’ averaged 5000 so they shouldn’t be allowed to sell more tickets than that because it would be ‘unfair’.
    I hadn't considered that there'd be no away fans at the QF and SF. Maybe not a huge deal if we end up going to Sutton, but it would be extra tough at Stockport or Hartlepool.

Home advantage has never equalled exclusive advantage until now, clubs with relatively large away followings should be able to rely on their 12th man. You could have the scenario where, say Wrexham play two games at home plus the final exclusively in front of their own fans whilst their opponents in the final - say Notts -have played behind closed doors a home in the QF, struggled to overcome a hostile home only backing at Hartlepool in the SF and then have no fans in Bristol. That just doesn't sit well with me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No that isnt what im saying at all in normal circumstances you have both sets of fans at games.

99% has been played BCD so it should stay that way imo.

All fans moaning about Bristol being the final who cares where it is as the way we are handling Covid its possible nobody or a handful will be able to attend anyway.

And if the forthcoming crowd friendly games are a guide, I can see no more than about 8k allowed in, so regardless of the teams, 4k each.
    Unless are a ST holder you have very little chance of even getting a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    No that isnt what im saying at all in normal circumstances you have both sets of fans at games.

99% has been played BCD so it should stay that way imo.

All fans moaning about Bristol being the final who cares where it is as the way we are handling Covid its possible nobody or a handful will be able to attend anyway.
    I have no problem with home fans only being allowed for the QF and SF.

I would rather it be like that than BCD which is just empty of any atmosphere.

Who knows though whether things will be changed - seems quite a fast moving situation.

I need to correct myself, nobody can play both the QF and SF at home, but still, there is a distinct possibility that some teams could enjoy a heavily loaded home advantage in the play-offs whilst others have to play BCD. Figures for Nottingham aren't encouraging if local lockdowns come back into play in the coming weeks.

We're getting ahead of ourselves though, we haven't secured a play off place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I have no problem with home fans only being allowed for the QF and SF.

I would rather it be like that than BCD which is just empty of any atmosphere.

Who knows though whether things will be changed - seems quite a fast moving situation.
    We would all rather fans attend games but it doesnt feel right to me.

As UTM says we arent in it yet but im not just talking about us only its not fair to any away teams.

Not everyone will agree with me and I dont expect people to.

Would be great to tick this ground off the list before next season!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234