+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Far-right takeover of Dundee Mad

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Fans bought season tickets last year knowing they wouldn't get to any games, will they not buy tickets this year knowing we will get into games at some level?

Do you have any genuine grievance?
    Bought my tickets in May last year, but you knew another lockdown was coming, keep off the bevy you belter

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Or you can treat this as a football forum and not a conduit for tory pish
    I’m a member of the Labour Party you tube

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    jdfc, I have been trying to explain to Taintedice that opposition to independence is based on fact and principle and is nothing to do with right or left wing politics. Perhaps your more direct approach will get the message across! There are lots of issues that we could discuss but the answers from the independence supporters are frequently based on the assumption that there is a right wing plot to undermine the path to independence. In fact the issues like currency, borders, share of the National Debt, how the nationalists would be able to negotiate a return to the EU, and when that might happen etc.

I think Nicola knows the answers are unpalatable to the majority of Scots and I think that's why she is in favour of the gradualist approach to independence. If she can keep it going for a few more years and still have independence as a "live" issue she will be able to move on to something else without being the leader who lost, and thereby in the same state as Alex Salmond.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    jdfc, I have been trying to explain to Taintedice that opposition to independence is based on fact and principle and is nothing to do with right or left wing politics. Perhaps your more direct approach will get the message across! There are lots of issues that we could discuss but the answers from the independence supporters are frequently based on the assumption that there is a right wing plot to undermine the path to independence. In fact the issues like currency, borders, share of the National Debt, how the nationalists would be able to negotiate a return to the EU, and when that might happen etc.

I think Nicola knows the answers are unpalatable to the majority of Scots and I think that's why she is in favour of the gradualist approach to independence. If she can keep it going for a few more years and still have independence as a "live" issue she will be able to move on to something else without being the leader who lost, and thereby in the same state as Alex Salmond.
    I look forward to Taintedice telling us how an independent Scotland would deal with the currency issue especially if an independent Scotland was able to join the EU. Taintedice could also tell us how an independent Scotland plans to replace the annual income lost from the ending of the Barnett Formula.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    That's you aff the Xmas card list, was gonna post it next week to make sure it got there in time as well.😂

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I look forward to Taintedice telling us how an independent Scotland would deal with the currency issue especially if an independent Scotland was able to join the EU. Taintedice could also tell us how an independent Scotland plans to replace the annual income lost from the ending of the Barnett Formula.
    Islay, I have never been able to find out how Scotland intends to balance its budget if it gains independence. That's all I ask. I have given up trying to discuss the benefit of the Barnett Formula. As far as SNP voters are concerned it is a Westminster con on the people of Scotland and does not exist. I am prepared to accept their point of view on the basis that they are able to explain how they raise the money to pay for their expenditure. UK operates with a deficit so it would seem fair to let them do the same. Let's see the figures before we get to a referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Islay, I have never been able to find out how Scotland intends to balance its budget if it gains independence. That's all I ask. I have given up trying to discuss the benefit of the Barnett Formula. As far as SNP voters are concerned it is a Westminster con on the people of Scotland and does not exist. I am prepared to accept their point of view on the basis that they are able to explain how they raise the money to pay for their expenditure. UK operates with a deficit so it would seem fair to let them do the same. Let's see the figures before we get to a referendum.
    The pro independence politicians both at Holyrood and Westminster want the electorate in Scotland to vote in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country and then they will tell us all the problems.
    That is why people in Scotland are not encouraged to ask searching questions such as what would the currency be in an independent Scotland and if an independent Scotland was able to join the EU what currency would be used.
    Recently I seem to remember reading that Kate Forbes the Cabinet Secretary for Finance stated that a hard border with England would bring more trade and business to an independent Scotland.
    Whilst a hard border would bring a lot of work to the construction industry who would be building a brick wall between England and Scotland I can only see a lot less trade between Scotland and the rest of the U.K. particularly in the farming sector.
    It is likely that illegal immigrants would use Scotland as an easy entry route to try to escape into England.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    That's you aff the Xmas card list, was gonna post it next week to make sure it got there in time as well.
    Any money or tickets for gigs at Campy and it would never get there.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Any money or tickets for gigs at Campy and it would never get there.
    Sensitive subject.

Some go with lone wolf theory others institutional GPO corruption.

The far right isn't far wrong

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)