+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Thank fek the last game of a sh1te season match thread v Huns

feck, just found out it finished 4-0. I have spent the last few hours thinking it was just the three.

Why we didn't just go for youth in the last few games I will never know, as we all knew most of our regulars aren't really worth a f*ck

Thanks goodness this season is gone and Glass is going to have his work cut out improving us. Still swaying over the ST though.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Just the 4 was it? Pretty much as expected then.

Didn't watch it, didn't listen to it and wasn't planning on ever doing so, but I'm actually quite intrigued to see just how bad Lewis was at the first and these apparently embarrasing misses - so we'll see if I give it a quick look later.

Still, thank fuuck that season is over. Since November our level of shyteness has genuinely been up there with anything I've seen over the last 25 years - and I include when we finished bottom.

We have been simply dreadful - on the plus side, at least those shytebags have done nothing to lull Glass into falsely believing any of the out of contract mob are any good or worth keeping. We genuinely need to punt the lot, plus a few who are still under contract if possible.

Its incredible how bad a team McInnes put together this year - incompetence of the gross misconduct level, yet off he pops with a big fat payoff. Tough life being a manager right enough.

Ah well, I will now consign this season to the memory dustbin and never recall it again - the only thing to keep an eye on is making sure Glass punts every single waster he can.

That's his first test, & its happening this week...
    It was a strange game to be honest... we had more chances than Rangers, and better chances than they did. Every chance they got was gifted to them by us pretty much, and every time they scored. Some of our chances were well worked, some were harder to miss than to score, but we somehow managed it. The Hornby miss and Ferguson miss are two of the worst I've ever seen - literally 4 yards out and a whole goal to aim at. We had other good chances - we should have scored 2 and could easily have scored 3 or 4.

The thing that summed it up for me though is that despite all of the above the commentary team on RedTV were going on about how great Rangers are, and how we were doing well in spells for not conceding more goals, and how difficult it is to score against them blah blah blah. The commentary team for me represent the mentality of the players - they have it in their heads that it takes a miracle to score against the Old Firm and another miracle not to concede against them. The reality is that if we hadn't missed sitters, and hadn't gifted them goals, we could have actually realistically won that game 2 or 3 nil today. Add the RedTV bunch to the list of folk who need shipped out of the club before the new season starts.

Ok, out of curiosity I did it. I skipped through the highlights.

Fuuck me, what a shambles at both ends - Jesus wept.

Lewis - absolute joke at the first. If he stays, and it’s a big if based on this season, the captaincy needs shifted.

As others have suggested, if Glass does want a keeper who’s good with the ball at his feet, then Lewis is in trouble.

For Sevco goals 3 and 4 - what the fuuck were Hoban and especially Campbell doing.

We have to get rid of players who’s decision making and execution of basic footballing technique is that bad.

What Campbell did at that 4th goal was inexplicable, and utterly criminal. A professional footballer should never consider making a pass like that into the heart of the defence.

As for the misses - there’s really no words for Hornby and Ferguson, just appalling.

Bizarrely though, there are some positives from that game. We carved them open a few times. hoofball seems to have been consigned to the bin & we did play some nice stuff.

Again Hedges looked excellent. Great passing, movement, attacking intent, very, very good.

This guy should be our highest paid player. Get it done Glass and get him paired up front with Watkins and an actual proper Rooney / Shearer type goal scorer. We need to get Hedges sorted now or that slippy cuunt will be sniffing about come January again - fuuck letting that happen.

You can see what Glass wants to do. He must see he doesn’t have the players - especially at the back.

If, and again it's a big if, he gets the funds required then there may be hope for next season afterall.

But then I tend to say that every year.

In the meantime, a few months respite will do none of us any harm...
    Last edited by The_Moog; 15-05-2021 at 11:37 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910