+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Thank fek the last game of a sh1te season match thread v Huns

So we end the season with only 36 goals in 38 games.

Didn't see or listen to game, but looks like we at least we're making chances, getting ball and players in box . Lack of confidence ( and quality ...) Probably showed.
    No defence for defence though.
    Hopefully Gallagher is more of a leader and a winner than our current set of losers.
    Ruth deserved a chance today , but don't know how the loan deals wage structures were arranged .
    The end of a dreadful season is the only good thing today.

Unsurprisingly equalled our record for worst goals for in our history. Once last century and three times already this century. Milne really did do a number on this once great club.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Unsurprisingly equalled our record for worst goals for in our history. Once last century and three times already this century. Milne really did do a number on this once great club.
    That’s an appalling statistic.
    Push the boat out for a goalscorer.

I fear that we are going to be worse next season.

I hope I am proven wrong but I don’t think Glass has it in him to turn us around.

I just hope that Cormack keeps his promise that he will allow Glass to bring in some quality players.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I fear that we are going to be worse next season.

I hope I am proven wrong but I don’t think Glass has it in him to turn us around.

I just hope that Cormack keeps his promise that he will allow Glass to bring in some quality players.
    Let’s just hope that Scott Brown’s influence has a positive impact on this loser mentality that has infested the club in recent years.

This is going to be a very important season in our recent history , are we going to build on the steady ( albeit latterly uninspiring ) job done by McInnes or are we going to regress?

Huge job for a rookie manager , let’s just hope Glass and Russell are up to this and have some decent signings up their sleeves ....and get backed by DC.

All in all there’s a helluva lot of if’s and buts to negotiate.

Brown and Gallagher need to be bringing leadership and will to win to the club as soon as walk through the door.

Get Hedges on extended deal or possibly sell to release more funds .
    Possibly sell Lewis.

Get up and coming young hungry players in. For this we need a different approach to our " scouting". There is decent talented young players in Scotland , but we seem oblivious to them while others sign them up.
    Look overseas ..

If Griffiths isn't going to sign , fine , move on quickly to other targets , don't leave until season already underway ( appreciated we may do this with one or two signings once they are deemed surplus at current clubs)

We will probably see a loaner from Atlanta , fine if Glass has final say.

Release deadwood, this may take couple windows if certain players under contract and unwilling to moved on.

All the changes we want won't happen this summer I'm afraid , we just don't have the finances for it .
    But a large chunk of it and a marker for future can and should be achieved.

Also hope the team bus took small detour to Glasgow airport and dropped off Kamberi and Hornby, then stopped off at Perth on way home and asked Hendry to get off .

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Also hope the team bus took small detour to Glasgow airport and dropped off Kamberi and Hornby, then stopped off at Perth on way home and asked Hendry to get off .
    Kamberi should be dropped off without stopping the bus. What a ****ing shirker. He was obviously supposed to watch Tavernier and he did that perfectly...look there goes the guy I'm supposed to be marking, so hung McKenzie out to dry. Hate to say this but Matty Kennedy would have been a better option. Which begs the question why did Glass play him in the first place as he was rank against Hibs. It's no coincidence that we looked better in the 2nd half without him...can't recall Tavernier being in our half at all. As for Hornby, Jesus what a miss...and then Ferguson conjures up an even worse one and then tried to claim it was over the line (where's that Russian linesman when you need him?).

Just the 4 was it? Pretty much as expected then.

Didn't watch it, didn't listen to it and wasn't planning on ever doing so, but I'm actually quite intrigued to see just how bad Lewis was at the first and these apparently embarrasing misses - so we'll see if I give it a quick look later.

Still, thank fuuck that season is over. Since November our level of shyteness has genuinely been up there with anything I've seen over the last 25 years - and I include when we finished bottom.

We have been simply dreadful - on the plus side, at least those shytebags have done nothing to lull Glass into falsely believing any of the out of contract mob are any good or worth keeping. We genuinely need to punt the lot, plus a few who are still under contract if possible.

Its incredible how bad a team McInnes put together this year - incompetence of the gross misconduct level, yet off he pops with a big fat payoff. Tough life being a manager right enough.

Ah well, I will now consign this season to the memory dustbin and never recall it again - the only thing to keep an eye on is making sure Glass punts every single waster he can.

That's his first test, & its happening this week...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast