+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notts BOGOF offer

Gunn & Moore on Carrington Street was another favourite of mine, back in the day.

Bought my first Owzthat! game from there. The game in the little tin box.

Name:  Owzthat.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  28.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Gunn & Moore on Carrington Street was another favourite of mine, back in the day.

Wow, I totally forgotten about that game. No doubt consigned to the bin by a mum who didn't understand.

Gunn & Moore and Redmayne & Todd were pretentious overpriced stores which were fine for professional needs but beyond the budget of my parents for most things. I can't recall which were the first low cost sports stores opening in Nottingham but they had an easy market to aim at. It was a shame that the aforementioned stores didn't seem prepared to lower themselves as they could have continued for many years more. But then Griffin & Spalding didn't survive and neither some of the overpriced school outfitters. Who the heck needed a school blazer that would last 6 years but would be grown out of in barely more than one?

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post

My first job on leaving school was for Gunn & Moore in the factory as a export clerk, was on Haslam Street off Castle Boulevard, all knocked down now and built into flats, Reg Simpson (Ex England Cricketer) was the boss then.
    Last edited by jurgenpie; 15-05-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12