+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotherham retained list

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I still don't know why Miller left to be fair, he looked decent early doors.

No shocks on that list and to be honest all of them leaving makes sense.

MacDonald would have been the only one I thought might stay a year.
    I also agree regarding Miller, I think theres something to work with and he can improve especially in L1

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, this is slightly contradictory as according to the Tizer last Friday, it was confirmed Crooks has refused a new contract and he is leaving.
    Crooks has a year left on his contract so, if he leaves we should get a decent fee for him.
    The situation is similar with Michael Smith.
    I think we should expect to see both of them move on.
    Warne has said there will probably be around 8 new faces incoming so he must be expecting a few more to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I still don't know why Miller left to be fair, he looked decent early doors.

No shocks on that list and to be honest all of them leaving makes sense.

MacDonald would have been the only one I thought might stay a year.
    Because we changed from players wingers to wing backs.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I also agree regarding Miller, I think theres something to work with and he can improve especially in L1
    It's going to need a lot of work in my opinion. All he ever seemed to do was run down blind alleys, lose the ball and set up counter-attacks for the opposition.
    He didn't exactly impress much at Northampton either so maybe he hasn't quite got what it takes. Time will tell.
    Personally I would prefer Trevor Clark to be given a chance on the left of midfield. He's stronger and more direct than Miller.

How many have relegation break clauses in their contracts ?

I hope the door is firmly closed on the released list and none of this re-signing later in summer business…

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Crooks has a year left on his contract so, if he leaves we should get a decent fee for him.
    The situation is similar with Michael Smith.
    I think we should expect to see both of them move on.
    Warne has said there will probably be around 8 new faces incoming so he must be expecting a few more to leave.
    MM, alternatively, IF no one comes in for Crooks or their valuation isn't accepted, then he will have to see his remaining contract out with us, he has no choice in that matter.

MM, alternatively, IF no one comes in for Crooks or their valuation isn't accepted, then he will have to see his remaining contract out with us, he has no choice in that matter.
    That's correct Brin.
    By the way, the Advertiser doesn't say he will be leaving, just that he hasn't accepted the offer of a new contract.
    I still think it's more a question of when, rather than if, he goes though and it will be interesting to see if Forest are still interested because he was a bit inconsistent last season.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    That's correct Brin.
    By the way, the Advertiser doesn't say he will be leaving, just that he hasn't accepted the offer of a new contract.
    I still think it's more a question of when, rather than if, he goes though and it will be interesting to see if Forest are still interested because he was a bit inconsistent last season.
    Other clubs see a different picture though and how they might see him play in their set up so, expect a few bids coming in. There has already been statements saying Crooks is in the 2 Million+ bracket and I tend to agree what with his age etc.

Other clubs see a different picture though and how they might see him play in their set up so, expect a few bids coming in. There has already been statements saying Crooks is in the 2 Million+ bracket and I tend to agree what with his age etc.
    Hope so but I don't have a lot of faith in our negotiators. They seem to undervalue most of our better players.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast