+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Bromley 15.05.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    The more I see that Ruben goal the more I realise what a class act he is. He was under great pressure from the defender, checked his initial thought and in an instant directed the ball right inside the post, all in one touch. Absolute class and awareness.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    The more I see that Ruben goal the more I realise what a class act he is. He was under great pressure from the defender, checked his initial thought and in an instant directed the ball right inside the post, all in one touch. Absolute class and awareness.
    Yeah, I saw George from NC Talk choose Roberts over Ruben as the better of the two. Now we all love Roberts but I don't think that take will age too well as I suspect Rodrigues will be playing at a very high level indeed sometime in the next 4 years (wouldn't be surprised if he was in an EPL squad or playing in another Euro top flight)

But that's nothing to how this season will look - NA and IB have combined to overlook an available Ruben for 17 of our 39 League games..... Rodrigues.... SEVEN****

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Despite the 1st being an OG, I think their 2nd goal was more avoidable.

I saw in the NEP Leigh Curtis pin the blame on poor Chicksen. The main problem is that the scorer was unmarked right?

Have a look, should we expect one of O'Brien or Doyle to track the runner? Or should Ellis have picked him up as the 2 players behind him were already covered? I think it's one of those solutions more than Chicksen...

But anyway, they were lucky to score 2 perfect goals from very few attacks. It'd take the crosser another 20 attempts to play in another ball like that.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Despite the 1st being an OG, I think their 2nd goal was more avoidable.

I saw in the NEP Leigh Curtis pin the blame on poor Chicksen. The main problem is that the scorer was unmarked right?

Have a look, should we expect one of O'Brien or Doyle to track the runner? Or should Ellis have picked him up as the 2 players behind him were already covered? I think it's one of those solutions more than Chicksen...

But anyway, they were lucky to score 2 perfect goals from very few attacks. It'd take the crosser another 20 attempts to play in another ball like that.
    It’s a bit of Reeves, Chicksen and Ellis. Reeves should do better stopping the cross, Chicksen gets sucked across a bit too far at the near post, but once he does that Ellis needs to realise and move with him rather than leave a big gap that their lad wanders into. No howlers mind, sometimes the opposition are going to score.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    It’s a bit of Reeves, Chicksen and Ellis. Reeves should do better stopping the cross, Chicksen gets sucked across a bit too far at the near post, but once he does that Ellis needs to realise and move with him rather than leave a big gap that their lad wanders into. No howlers mind, sometimes the opposition are going to score.
    Good answer. And I think Ellis was mindful of the 1st goal and gravitated towards the back fearing there would be nobody to win the ball if it went over to the far post. We can't tell from the film, but was this a case of players ignoring shouts or a lack of them in the first place? I suspect the latter....

This system needs the likes of Chicksen and Brindley to really embrace this change as a career move and not just a break from full-back position (think Chicksen has done this and Brinds has all the attributes). I'm sure they're both taller than Fabio Cannavaro and if they can enjoy defending just half as much as he did, we'll be OK with them there....Rawlo for Wrexham though

You can find defensive errors, big and small, in all goals conceded when viewing on TV or in the stands.

At pitch level in the game it all happens quickly and the players have to make quick intrinsic decisions at key times. If they choose wrong it gets analysed , slowed down, and highlighted by football analysts and fans alike.

Some goals against are just good. Others are more due to p!s$ poor defending.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You can find defensive errors, big and small, in all goals conceded when viewing on TV or in the stands.

At pitch level in the game it all happens quickly and the players have to make quick intrinsic decisions at key times. If they choose wrong it gets analysed , slowed down, and highlighted by football analysts and fans alike.

Some goals against are just good. Others are more due to p!s$ poor defending.
    True Laddo, but when someone scores in enough space to keep a large pony in, you'd like to think they'd at least look at it

I'm sure qualified coach Ian Burchnall will. As I'm sure he looked at lots of out previous games prior to his arrival.

He doesn't come across as someone who cuts corners.

As I say easy when sat in the stands or watching in TV not when you are in the game

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast