+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell Football Club - Chairman’s Statement

Motherwell Football Club - Chairman’s Statement

I enclose the latest news section from the Motherwell FC with the important part being the statement from the Motherwell Football Club Chairman urging their fans to purchase a season ticket for the 2021-22 season. https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2021/...-your-backing/
    Motherwell have also announced a magnificent gesture. People who purchased a season ticket for the 2020-21 season will get another one for the 2021-22 season free of charge.
    In my opinion it is time for Tim Keyes to put a statement on the Dundee FC club website rallying the Dundee supporters for next season and advising what discounts will be available for people who purchased a season ticket for the 2020-21 season will receive when they renew their season ticket for the 2021-22 season.

Surely they need to wait and see what league they will be in before setting prices for season tickets ,
    Anyway don’t think DFC are in a position to offer discounts on them , I for one haven’t claimed back any refund from the season before this one as the club needs every penny they can get

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Surely they need to wait and see what league they will be in before setting prices for season tickets ,
    Anyway don’t think DFC are in a position to offer discounts on them , I for one haven’t claimed back any refund from the season before this one as the club needs every penny they can get
    The number of Motherwell Football Club supporters regularly attending home games at Fir Park are likely to be less than the number of Dundee supporters attending home games at Dens Park.
    I realise that the club need to wait until they discover what league we are playing in next season.
    However I seem to remember that they put season tickets on sale for the 2019-20 season charging Premier League prices when it was likely that we would be relegated at the end of the 2018-19: season which indeed happened.
    I am not a season ticket holder and pay at the gate when I am able to attend home games.
    I am bitterly disappointed that there has not been a statement from Tim Keyes rallying the Dundee supporters through his difficult time.
    The last time that we heard anything was a statement by John Nelms on the club website at the end of last year.
    Tim Keyes should be letting the Dundee supporters know what is happening regarding the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds and if the For Sale sign visible from the A90 Kingsway means that the site is up or sale resulting in Dundee Football Club remaining at Dens Park for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 15-05-2021 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notso View Post
    Absolutely spot on notso. Also full marks for not opting for any refund. Had a wee look at Motherwell's fanbase. Round about 4k. Season before they finished 3rd and I think had at least one good cup run. There will be a big drop in income for this season si they must have a plan to generate more income for the coming season. Will be watching to see what happens. They seem to have a good rapport with their fans. Don't know if we should copy them.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Absolutely spot on notso. Also full marks for not opting for any refund. Had a wee look at Motherwell's fanbase. Round about 4k. Season before they finished 3rd and I think had at least one good cup run. There will be a big drop in income for this season si they must have a plan to generate more income for the coming season. Will be watching to see what happens. They seem to have a good rapport with their fans. Don't know if we should copy them.
    Are they not 'fan owned'?

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Are they not 'fan owned'?
    Yes, I think so but their former owners have taken helpful decisions to boost their finances, they also had an outstanding season last year which brought in loads cash. Islay, I think has posted about this before, maybe he could repost about them.

Yes, I think so but their former owners have taken helpful decisions to boost their finances, they also had an outstanding season last year which brought in loads cash. Islay, I think has posted about this before, maybe he could repost about them.
    If a fan owned club didn't have a rapport with its fans there would be a problem.

And don't we know it.

The former Motherwell directors have foregone debts due to them and I seem to remember one former director encouraging fans to raise money by match funding which involved writing off loans.
    It is a while since I had a look at the Motherwell Football Club Limited annual accounts on the Companies House website but from memory I think that the Well Trust own a majority 54% shareholding.
    Several years ago the Well Trust raised £211k in a financial year with the money going directly to working capital. This is similar to the fund raising by the 1893 Foundation.

Earlier this season Motherwell sold David Turnbull to Celtic for a rumoured fee of £3.15 million. However this might be paid in stages. payments.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Earlier this season Motherwell sold David Turnbull to Celtic for a rumoured fee of £3.15 million. However this might be paid in stages. payments.
    That level of fee would cover anything they might get in ST sales, I imagine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)