+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne on Hirst.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post

The problem with flojo by the way -talking about loanee flops-was he didnt fit intio our style cos Warne decided to play with wing backs rather than wingers AFTER he had signed him.

So important that we stick to the same formation from day 1 and build around it.Last season we started with a sort of 4 4 2 then changed to 3 5 2.Th e season before that it was a 4 3 3 then changed to a 4 4 1 1. Think this season we need to either have 4 4 1 1 or 4 5 1 as Warne is hinting at playing wingers again. Not against that but find round pegs for round holes and go for it.
    Was sort of forced into it though with Sadlier and Ogbene injuries which meant that we had to learn a new system.

Couple of pointe here:

I asked where had Scotty seen him knock them in for us to(now we know) make him our highest paid, breaking our budget??
    Don't forget that they all sit down and discuss these targets. Is this the best they can do???

If Harding was on £8000 a week, which is well over £400,000 a year, how does he command a wage like that when we only paid around £150,000 for him?? So what would Freddie get for a bigger fee than his....? Only one answer to all this..........total bollax, people just guess.....Does other people at work know what you earn???Ok, if you all do the same job, but these players mix in a different world to us. Thay have agents argueing their case.

It was Warney who wanted Hirst

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    Couple of pointe here:

I asked where had Scotty seen him knock them in for us to(now we know) make him our highest paid, breaking our budget??
    Don't forget that they all sit down and discuss these targets. Is this the best they can do???

If Harding was on £8000 a week, which is well over £400,000 a year, how does he command a wage like that when we only paid around £150,000 for him?? So what would Freddie get for a bigger fee than his....? Only one answer to all this..........total bollax, people just guess.....Does other people at work know what you earn???Ok, if you all do the same job, but these players mix in a different world to us. Thay have agents argueing their case.
    You can see the player's wages for some championship clubs here:

https://footballleaguefc.com/categor...-player-wages/

No wonder some want to leave and who can blame them

No wonder Harding plays every game

Get Vickers working for his money.

Get Tilt and Miller back and on pitch
    Barlaser needs more games too

Fetch Hirst back
    Last edited by millertop; 16-05-2021 at 08:26 AM.

I think some of them wages might need updating, Kayode more than likely had a wage rise with his new contract

So looking at Coventry's wages a club can quite easily stay up on a similar wage structure to ours.
    And you can quite easily be in trouble on massive wages - Weds, Derby, Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSquirt View Post
    So looking at Coventry's wages a club can quite easily stay up on a similar wage structure to ours.
    And you can quite easily be in trouble on massive wages - Weds, Derby, Huddersfield.
    True Squirty but I think they spent lots more in transfer fees. Didn't they sign someone for a million or so before the start of the season? And then it is how good the clubs are at using the loan system, the attractiveness of the locality, reputation of the staff. But of course the decisions of the manager is an integral part of the mix and Warne has to hold his hands up in part that he didn't succeed where he could have done. Still earned another crack in my book though but rather he worked on a different strategy for better football. I think he knows he won't get the time though for a rethink - he needs to produce quickly in the new season.

Know not many will agree with me but to start with Warney was right getting shut of Forde Taylor Newell. Williams not sure. Ogbene up to his injury was looking good, yet to see if he's back as good consistently. I think I'm not a bad judge of player on MB I said 1st time I watched Olosunde I wasn't impressed. Since then he looks like he's improved but last few games for us he's gone backwards. Left back & wingers lack of have been our downfall this season. Playing wing backs in end didn't work. Apart from a fit Ogbene last 2 seasons & Giles I haven't seen a winger as good or with the potential of Lamy. Hastie Adelakun Koroma from last time in league 1not good enough. Flo this season same. We should have stayed up this season no doubt in weakest championship I've known for years but recruitment just lacking did for us. Ist time I watched Lamy he looked the business, get him back & show some faith in him.

Think warne got it spot on. The lad will be a decent striker but just not yet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast