+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Labour Party

The Labour Party

Can it be saved ? Should it be saved ? Have a look at this and make your own mind up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBbj...TheLotusEaters

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Can it be saved ? Should it be saved ? Have a look at this and make your own mind up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBbj...TheLotusEaters
    That was worse than watching us against weeds today Sinkov and that is saying something.

Angela Rayner will be the saviour after her performance this afternoon!
    If they manage to keep her away from the House!

Labour is of course the home for lost causes and while there may be merit in some of those causes sadly some of them are hugely damaging to this country. Labour locally has overseen a continuous decline in my home town of Radcliffe which has seen it lose its banks, businesses and community assets. We are just about to begin getting a new secondary school after ten years of campaigning. Labour claimed the new school as all their own work. It wasn’t. Andy Burnham’s housing plans include putting 3,500 new homes on prime greenbelt at Elton Reservoir. Who will they blame for this? The Tories housing targets of course. They would wouldn’t they. I used to vote Labour and would probably consider voting for them nationally in the future (but not locally ever again). I simply cannot at the present time support the current shambles of a party

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Labour is of course the home for lost causes and while there may be merit in some of those causes sadly some of them are hugely damaging to this country. Labour locally has overseen a continuous decline in my home town of Radcliffe which has seen it lose its banks, businesses and community assets. We are just about to begin getting a new secondary school after ten years of campaigning. Labour claimed the new school as all their own work. It wasn’t. Andy Burnham’s housing plans include putting 3,500 new homes on prime greenbelt at Elton Reservoir. Who will they blame for this? The Tories housing targets of course. They would wouldn’t they. I used to vote Labour and would probably consider voting for them nationally in the future (but not locally ever again). I simply cannot at the present time support the current shambles of a party
    Me neither outwood, and I never in my lifetime did I think I would say that.

If it's any consolation, ever since the Tories swept into power in Bolton two years ago they have managed to outstrip the previous Labour Council in mediocrity.

Come visit Bolton and see a real life "Ghost Town" in action. Admission is free and still we have no takers.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 19-05-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Fear not gentlemen, the Labour Party is alive and well in Ashington with the town council being Labour through and through and with the son of our leftie MP being a serving member.
    The high street was revamped on their authority a few years agoand changed from a pedestrian walkway to a one way thoroughfare with limited time parking introduced. Since then, 24 established businesses have closed, mind you some of them have been replaced by nail shops, telephone shops, bling shops and vape shops. Of course these receive a grant for setting up business, the majority last one year and disappear.

When labour were in control of the County Council they decide that they would build new county council offices in Ashigton and demolished buildings and dug a bloody big hole. That was around 5 years ago, however, they lost the county electionsand the Tories decided that ther was no need for new offices and decreed that they would stay in Morpeth where they had been since 1981. Now, some 5 years down the line, we still have a bloody big hole in the town centre with planning permission having been granted for a cinema complex and shopping mall which nobody seems to want. Meanwhile the town council are at loggerheads with the County Council, which has now lost its overhal majority amidst claims of corruption on a matter which originally concerned part of the Labour County Council, which was dogged by claims of corruption!

You really couldn't make this up and now your know why I am strictly apolitical and have very little time for any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Angela Rayner will be the saviour after her performance this afternoon!
    If they manage to keep her away from the House!
    Ah ah she’s a very special lady Sub , you can’t say that - I mean she really knows how to let go with vigour —- two size 9 springs to mind and she’s in up to her ankles before she’s thought about a response.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Ah ah she’s a very special lady Sub , you can’t say that - I mean she really knows how to let go with vigour —- two size 9 springs to mind and she’s in up to her ankles before she’s thought about a response.
    Oh yes army ---very special!

She's as rough as a sailor's jockstrap.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    She's as rough as a sailor's jockstrap.
    That is an insult to many of my ex-sailor friends whose jockstraps were usually quite smooth!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)