+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stewart Milne are you happy now

Particularly when it was probably a stupid answer to a stupid question from a journalist.

There’s never really been any suggestion of hunness from Considine in normal life.

I personally would show Considine the door but that is me. I didn’t want a strong Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I personally would show Considine the door but that is me. I didn’t want a strong Rangers.
    I don’t think getting rid of Considine has anything to do with Rangers ....we just need to start looking to the future and that means whittling out all the old guard who have had their chances for glory and have mostly failed to produce the goods when it really mattered.

I like Considine, he’s been a good servant but i wouldn’t renew his contract . If it is up this summer (?) that should be him finished for us. He might get a cameo in the Euros to put himself in the shop window for a deal at maybe a Hamilton or Inverness size club in the championship.

Think Considine has year left.
    Probably be kept as back up to cover centre half and left back .

Budget will be tight and it will be used to recruit ,not to pay up contracts , unless of course Glass wants rid of any bad influences.

What we think or want is irrelevant I'm afraid.

The argument that Considine isn’t good enough is a fair opinion, we’re all entitled to them.

Anything else though seems a bit dodgy, he’s been a good servant to Aberdeen.
    It’s not his fault that he’s been good enough to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week.

DD ,I agree.
    I just have feeling he won't be a first pick season.
    Lot of other players have bad days , Considine gets more criticism than them , possibly because he is a local lad .. they always seem to be singled out for heavier criticism.

Soooo, getting back on track.

Milne, you are a phucking snake clunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    DD ,I agree.
    I just have feeling he won't be a first pick season.
    Lot of other players have bad days , Considine gets more criticism than them , possibly because he is a local lad .. they always seem to be singled out for heavier criticism.
    It is one of the stick on litmus tests of Glass and his new regime if Considine is a regular starter next year.

If he is - its all been talk and we can expect more of the same pish we've put up with for years.

If he's not, then the talk may have been genuine and we may actually be trying to put in a better challenge.

I think most of the stick is because he's been here for so long - and for the vast majority of that time we've been utter pish, so he's seen as a poster boy for our years of timid, spineless mediocrity. I certainly see him that way.

Its not because he's a local lad. I had the exact same view on Langfield, but we got rid of him.

As DD said, its not big Andy's fault he's kept getting contracts and kept getting picked - same as it wasn't Mackie's fault when he got the same.

There's no doubt he's a dandy don. Along with the other two mentioned earlier, he just sums up perfectly the reason why we've been so pish for so long.

Milne is by far and away the biggest culprit in all this though - its not even close...

Aye, back on subject 😊

The fact that Milne kept
    " rewarding" McInnes with ridiculous contracts in return for one ( lucky ) League cup in a period of time when he blew various cup semi finals and even a chance of league title .. should never be forgotten .

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Aye, back on subject 😊

The fact that Milne kept
    " rewarding" McInnes with ridiculous contracts in return for one ( lucky ) League cup in a period of time when he blew various cup semi finals and even a chance of league title .. should never be forgotten .
    Aye, I'll give you McInnes and the various cup semi's - some quite remarkable displays of spineless shyebaggery there.

Not the league that year with Deila, though - that's 100% on Milne. We had a genuine chance of challenging that year at xmas, yet we came out of that transfer window worse off player wise than when we went in - losing Ward and having that crisp packet handed useless fuucker Brown in goals. Rooney got crocked - no replacement bought in etc.

A bit of ambition - i.e. spending a bit of cash - to genuinely strengthen that window as you never know what might have happened - but no, Milne kept the purse strings pulled tight and we ended up a good bit back. Almost as if he didn't want to rock the boat.

I remember the POTY awards that year when Milne go up and made some cringe inducing speech about what a good season it had been.

There was an air of genuine hostility in the room that night. He tried to crack a couple of funnies which went down like a fart in a spacesuit - Peter Ustinov he aint to be fair - and you could see most people sitting there looking at him thinking what might have been that season if we hadn't got such a spineless @rsehole of a chairman.

Nah - blowing that league chance that year is squarely on Milne as far as I'm concerned. Another in a long list of his crimes...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast