+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where was the team that beat Fulham ?

Where was the team that beat Fulham ?

Couldn't believe what I was watching today. No trace of the team that played so well down by the Thames. I thought our season ended after the Sheff Utd game, not last Monday night. No doubt ,the Shell suited Wonder will have been watching us struggle against pace, so expect more of the same when Liverpool are the visitors. I’d like to think we could do a bit better, but am not overly confident.

Old players, tired legs, safe from relegation, why bust a gut? I actually thought we'd win this, not roll over and die. Foolish me.

We had our chances, but why we keep on allowing players to run fifty yards before slotting home beats the hell out of me.

Lack of younger legs and pace all too apparent now as we have been saying for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We had our chances, but why we keep on allowing players to run fifty yards before slotting home beats the hell out of me.

par for the season - BT.....as with much of other team support, incredulous at what they've witnessed, time and time again...suspicions such that if it continues, I think many will be giving up on the game, because of another ŁgameŁ , thats taking over Football.

How was the decision to rule that goal out for offside even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    How was the decision to rule that goal out for offside even possible?
    It was easy BT, I called it straight away without VAR and the AR wants his arse kicking for not giving it, however, nobody knows when to flag any more.
    Just watched Brighton v the Hammers and there were at least 5 offsides which, had a goal been scored, would all have been given, however, there was not one flag because play had to be allowed to continue and on each occasion nothing was given.

Just as today, Vydra was fouled on the edge of their box but the illustrious Graham Scott, he who allowed assaults on our players by Lincoln a couple of years ago, decided that it could not possibly be a foul because it was a Burnley player, something which he was consistent about during the game. Instead of a free kick on the edge of their box, they go down field and score.
    Second goal was a lucky deflection, however, we had missed some good chances before that and this is what cost us today.
    The third and fourth came about because we were chasing the game and they deserved the win.

The game is dying a death with officials like Scott giving free kicks to some players when they 'feel' contact --Alioski, Raphinha were two examples today and Westwood was booked for mouthing off and Dwight told Alioski what he thought and what followed was not acceptable as far as I am concerned, however, all will be well because Alioski is a joker!

Ah supersub, your perspective is much appreciated to offset my claret tinted bias (both pro and con), ever the voice of reason.

An unusual incident with the referee call both managers to speak to him and then both team captains to speak to him.

Both managers were asked about this during the post match interviews but both refused to comment other than Dyche saying a Burnley player had reported something to the referee.

I thought Alioski's behaviour was in poor taste and very childish, certainly not a joke.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)