+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Jim O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    If he refuses to go to the handbags thread give him the strap !
    Then he's sure to buckle you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    My crime is not instigating it's responding to those instigating posts that are oh so common. I admit I can't resist. But that's because I enjoy it I enjoy making the instigator look silly which unsurprisingly isn't difficult.
    I don't have a problem with that, as long as you do it in the right place. The bit I don't get is that the moderator asks you to do it on a designated thread, and you say "F*ck you Swale, I refuse to do that."

And the moderator seems fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    And the moderator seems fine with that.
    Trust me, he isn't. He's sick of all this puerile nonsense from all sides, like every other poster on NCM - only more so. That's the primary reason why he resigned his 'official' moderator post 7 months ago!

Anyhow, this tongue-in-cheek alleged 'Jim O'Brien' performance thread appears to have become derailed. What a firkin surprise. Perhaps firkin was an exaggeration but certainly several cans.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2021 at 10:15 PM.

Interesting. So when a poster says "I admit I can't resist. But that's because I enjoy it I enjoy making the instigator look silly which unsurprisingly isn't difficult", but refuses to do it on the thread you advise, you never say a word against that poster.

I have no problem with arguments, but obviously others do. I'm happy to follow your guidance, but only if you apply it to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Interesting. So when a poster says "I admit I can't resist. But that's because I enjoy it I enjoy making the instigator look silly which unsurprisingly isn't difficult", but refuses to do it on the thread you advise, you never say a word against that poster.

I have no problem with arguments, but obviously others do. I'm happy to follow your guidance, but only if you apply it to everyone.
    An interesting opinion. I try, and have always tried, to be lenient and fair. I'll try to make sure I don't slip into any favouritism. Personally, for what it's worth, my opinion on Laddo's 'mission' is that it is futile but admirable in it's intent. In some ways it maybe mirrors what I have tried to do as moderator here over the years, although plainly with little success.

Perhaps it's time to leave this place to rot and fester until finally being shut down so we can all migrate to this new-fangled social media instead. If that's what the majority on here want I am happy to oblige by buggering off completely. It might even give me an opportunity to say what I really think for a change. That would be refreshing and perhaps surprising to a few on here.

Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 15-05-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    An interesting opinion. I try, and have always tried, to be lenient and fair. I'll try to make sure I don't slip into any favouritism. Personally, for what it's worth, my opinion on Laddo's 'mission' is that it is futile but admirable in it's intent. In some ways it maybe mirrors what I have tried to do as moderator here over the years, although plainly with little success.

Perhaps it's time to leave this place to rot and fester until finally being shut down so we can all migrate to this new-fangled social media instead. If that's what the majority on here want I am happy to oblige by buggering off completely. It might even give me an opportunity to say what I really think for a change. That would be refreshing and perhaps surprising to a few on here.

I think u do a good job mate, but judging by the first match thread most of us are between 40 and 90 on here which I imagine is a rarity on a social media platform but the positive is on the whole we're seasoned enough to know where the line is, just about.

An interesting opinion. I try, and have always tried, to be lenient and fair. I'll try to make sure I don't slip into any favouritism.
    Fair enough, I've never had any complaints about your moderation before, so I'll leave it at that.

With all the puerile crap on here, I'm not surprised you feel that way.

At least saddo wont be able to pull the wool over your eyes anymore.if the guy truly wanted to end arguments and spats then he wouldn't start them or engage in them and would take them to the handbags site designated for them for the good of the board.
    Strange that he does the complete opposite of his so called mission dont you think.
    Or maybe not with his revelation that he likes it and enjoys it.
    Happy fishing swales.
    Case closed.

Ban laddo for 2 weeks. Lets see how many squabbles there is then. I've never seen Pedro carry on something with anyone but this poster. Same as with a few others including me, we can't all be wrong. Even poor old gump is in his firing line at times. Ban him & lets see, if the board improves. I'll take elites odds.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast