+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Hell Of A Beating.

One Hell Of A Beating.

Old Yorkshire rivals Leeds thrashed Burnley to inflict another home defeat for the Clarets. What next for Sean Dyche? - External Link

Just a thought or two from the Editor’s Chair on Clarets Mad following today’s proper 4-0 shellacking from Diving (not Dirty) Leeds.
    I have lost count of the number of goals we have conceded this season because opposing players have been allowed to run forty or fifty yards unscathed from the centre of midfield and score goals. Why Mee and Tarkowski constantly fail to come out and engage the threatening player is way beyond me.

The solution is obvious; buy, beg, steal or borrow a player like Kalvin Phillips, who can provide defensive cover in the final third, a player who will engage with the threat of a player who is running with the ball and turn the tap off this particularly worrying and season long supply line of threats on the Clarets goal.

A retrospective analysis of our season’s statistics will almost certainly show the Burnley right-hand flank is neither adequate offensively nor defensively for the standards required to compete in the English Premier League.

There is much to admire about Matty Lowton, his dedication and enthusiasm to play the game is laudable, but when he is targeted by the opposition like today, unfortunately he is found wanting. Today’s mauling by Harrison epitomises the problem.

Offensively, Robbie Brady and Johann Berg Gudmundsson have both been unable to overcome their susceptibility to niggling injuries and our team has suffered from their frequent absences in abundance.

We really need to strengthen both offensive and defensive positions in the close season. Revenue from player sales may be part of the answer. Brady will almost certainly leave at the end of his contract in June and that is one particular pair of boots we need to fill.

Assuming Nick Pope plays for England and impresses in the Euros, he is an obvious big money departure. The Tarkowski contract situation also needs resolving pretty damned quickly because we cannot afford to allow a player of his commercial and playing value to depart on a free transfer.

Could Jimmy Dunne be part of the solution? If Tarkowski leaves, it is imperative we keep hold of Dunne and trust in Sean Dyche to bring the out the best out of the Irish lad.

I am uncertain of what to make of Dwight McNeil, on occasions he looks to be a world beater, but on days like today when players swarm around him like Leeds did with their high pressing game, he disappears and seems to go into sulk mode. A big money offer and subsequent sale of McNeil might free up the cash required to strengthen the squad for what will undoubtedly be another punishing season in 2021/2.

Alan Pace and if he is staying on board at Turf Moor, Sean Dyche has some huge decisions to make in the impending close season. Failure to get those decisions right may well mean next season’s campaign will end in relegation. We escaped by the skin of our teeth this year, next year we may not be so lucky. (TEC).

I would not totally blame Mee & Tarkowski for the goals given away by allowing one of the opposition to pick up and run with the ball from the middle to the pitch then create a scoring chance and a goal. The first question I would be asking is where was our midfield players, perhaps its that they are too slow to react. Based on yesterdays game none of our four midfield players are good enough individually. As you say BT if McNeil is being prevented from playing his preferred style by the opposition he does appear to give up, but if as Leeds did surround him with three of their players we should have someone free to take advantage but that seldom happens.
    Our best creative chances appeared to be via Taylor or Vydra, these two did not appear to be on the beach like their team mates. Could not understand why Vydra was substituted for an out of form JRod to be honest.

Revenue from player sales may be part of the answer.

No I disagree.Using the 50 or 60 million in the bank would have been the answer if lifelong BFC supporting Garlick had not shoved it in his back pocket after accepting offers from Mormons without a pot to piss in.Any sale of the club should have been dependent on the new owners investing in the club not using the money in the bank to finance the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Revenue from player sales may be part of the answer.

No I disagree.Using the 50 or 60 million in the bank would have been the answer if lifelong BFC supporting Garlick had not shoved it in his back pocket after accepting offers from Mormons without a pot to piss in.Any sale of the club should have been dependent on the new owners investing in the club not using the money in the bank to finance the deal.
    Garlick has said in the past we were always looking for investors, which I'm sure we all assumed meant someone who could put money into the club, instead, as you put it CiB, he's sold the club to 'investors' who don't appear to have a pot to piss in.

At least this shattering defeat should make it clear to our new owners, that without investment this summer, they'll be the proud owners of a Championship club in 12 months time. Up to them.

Have you lads never heard of a "Mormon Whip Round?"

Pace will find the money or he is going to look a right eejit.

Also, can I please forward a motion that we never darken these hallowed pages again with mentions of Mike Garlick.

Seconder please?

Just make garlick one of those words that appear as asterisks like ******* chicken

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Just make garlick one of those words that appear as asterisks like ******* chicken
    I used to stand up for Mike on here, now I feel like a right plonker.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just a thought or two from the Editor’s Chair on Clarets Mad following today’s proper 4-0 shellacking from Diving (not Dirty) Leeds.
    I have lost count of the number of goals we have conceded this season because opposing players have been allowed to run forty or fifty yards unscathed from the centre of midfield and score goals. Why Mee and Tarkowski constantly fail to come out and engage the threatening player is way beyond me.

The solution is obvious; buy, beg, steal or borrow a player like Kalvin Phillips, who can provide defensive cover in the final third, a player who will engage with the threat of a player who is running with the ball and turn the tap off this particularly worrying and season long supply line of threats on the Clarets goal.

A retrospective analysis of our season’s statistics will almost certainly show the Burnley right-hand flank is neither adequate offensively nor defensively for the standards required to compete in the English Premier League.

There is much to admire about Matty Lowton, his dedication and enthusiasm to play the game is laudable, but when he is targeted by the opposition like today, unfortunately he is found wanting. Today’s mauling by Harrison epitomises the problem.

Offensively, Robbie Brady and Johann Berg Gudmundsson have both been unable to overcome their susceptibility to niggling injuries and our team has suffered from their frequent absences in abundance.

We really need to strengthen both offensive and defensive positions in the close season. Revenue from player sales may be part of the answer. Brady will almost certainly leave at the end of his contract in June and that is one particular pair of boots we need to fill.

Assuming Nick Pope plays for England and impresses in the Euros, he is an obvious big money departure. The Tarkowski contract situation also needs resolving pretty damned quickly because we cannot afford to allow a player of his commercial and playing value to depart on a free transfer.

Could Jimmy Dunne be part of the solution? If Tarkowski leaves, it is imperative we keep hold of Dunne and trust in Sean Dyche to bring the out the best out of the Irish lad.

I am uncertain of what to make of Dwight McNeil, on occasions he looks to be a world beater, but on days like today when players swarm around him like Leeds did with their high pressing game, he disappears and seems to go into sulk mode. A big money offer and subsequent sale of McNeil might free up the cash required to strengthen the squad for what will undoubtedly be another punishing season in 2021/2.

Alan Pace and if he is staying on board at Turf Moor, Sean Dyche has some huge decisions to make in the impending close season. Failure to get those decisions right may well mean next season’s campaign will end in relegation. We escaped by the skin of our teeth this year, next year we may not be so lucky. (TEC).
    Agree with lots of this BT , I’ve posted before regarding Jack cork centrally that he is technically a very good footballer but he looked heavy legged two season back in the campaign, players like Philips aren’t ten a penny he’s very good at what he does hence his England call ups.

I wouldn’t write Mcneil off to get rid just yet he’s a very gifted footballer and as you say yourself is playing with some very ordinary footballers ( perhaps that’s why he needs to leave BFC ).

I agree re his head drops in games but he’s only 21 and a lot Is dropped on his shoulders at Burnley, I’m a Mcneil fan and he deserves a little bit more respect from us - in a team of workmen he’s a shining light as a creative footballer.

Lastly your right re Lowton he’s targeted in games now and we pay for it , the team really needs a major influx of cash and younger gifted footballers in the next 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Have you lads never heard of a "Mormon Whip Round?"

Pace will find the money or he is going to look a right eejit.

Also, can I please forward a motion that we never darken these hallowed pages again with mentions of Mike Garlick.

Seconder please?

It appears everybody is singing from the same hymn sheet in that the club needs massive investment in the Summer but does anybody actually honestly believe it is forthcoming?
    I for one see more of the same and that will be the last straw for SD if he is still here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)