+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving credit to Bruce

Giving credit to Bruce

is a load of shite.

I've seen and heard some ridiculous comments from pundits, journalists and even some of our own fans over the past few weeks.

If you're looking to give him praise for the recent performances and results then you've been had, you've been mugged so badly your head is spinning and you've started to become the ideal NUFC fan for the Ashley/Bruce/anti-Newcastle agenda.

Off the pitch, all our problems are down to fatso. All the problems on the pitch are down to Bruce and giving him credit for the recent turnaround is a bit like thanking someone who's been repeatedly punching you in the face for offering you a hand to get up and some plasters for your cuts.

There's been a definite upturn since Graeme Jones arrived and I put the recent upturn to the players thinking 'oh, shit, we've got to do something about this' and, yes, having our better players back. Players sometimes fold in the face of adversity, sometimes they rise above themselves and that's what I think has happened here.

16th-where we currently are-is all fatso wants for us...16th suits Bruce's level of ability...16th is where the 'deluded Geordies' brigade think we should be.

Giving Bruce credit is the thin end of the wedge and is the first step on the path to accepting what's happening. That cretin's past record shows his true ability and the horseshit he says to the press shows what he really thinks of us. He continually presses home that we're a bottom half of the table side and anyone who complains is guilty of hysteria (ignoring the fact that it's mainly his fault we're there) and giving him credit is buying into that narrative.

So there.

i can't disagree with anything you've said.
    The upturn in fortunes came with Greame Jones' arrival and Ritchie who called Bruce out set about showing him what to do. Friday night was an interesting (and enjoyable) game, however had we been needing something out of that game to avoid relegation then Jokeshinton wouldn't have taken that penalty. That was not a footballing decision that was political. I am not saying centre forwards should not take penalties, all good centre forwards are the main penalty takers (shearer, vardy, kane etc) but he is so out of his depth with form and ability you couldn't count on him.
    Bruce continues with Shelvey, Longstaff and (maybe forced) Joelinton so nothing will change. He is already sowing seeds of little activity in the transfer market and there's no way we will pay Arsenal £30m for Willock so it will be business as usual next season.

Because we finished the season stronger and Cabbage heeds award then the earlier and middle part of the season will be forgotten about.

Doesn't bode well i'a afraid.

I think we have to begrudgingly, offer him, and the players our support for keeping us in the league, when a lot of fans had us relegated, me included. However, as has already been said on here, its his doing that we have been fighting relegation in the first place. He should hang his head in shame the way he and his staff have performed this season, and if he thinks that hes done enough, then he has a rude awakening coming, once the fans are back. I believe it will be a poisonous atmosphere, and Im glad I wont be there to witness it. The level of ambition, or lack of it, is nowhere near what the fans expect, and we can expect the same again next season unless something changes, the ownership, or the manager, and whats the chances of that, slim imo. Our better players will probably be sold and replaced with inferior, loanees or freebies. One way to bring about change is to stop going, hit him in the pocket. I read somewhere that some of the tickets made available for the Sheff Utd game, hadnt been taken up? Hopefully this will be a step in the right direction, and a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    is a load of shite.

I've seen and heard some ridiculous comments from pundits, journalists and even some of our own fans over the past few weeks.

If you're looking to give him praise for the recent performances and results then you've been had, you've been mugged so badly your head is spinning and you've started to become the ideal NUFC fan for the Ashley/Bruce/anti-Newcastle agenda.

Off the pitch, all our problems are down to fatso. All the problems on the pitch are down to Bruce and giving him credit for the recent turnaround is a bit like thanking someone who's been repeatedly punching you in the face for offering you a hand to get up and some plasters for your cuts.

There's been a definite upturn since Graeme Jones arrived and I put the recent upturn to the players thinking 'oh, shit, we've got to do something about this' and, yes, having our better players back. Players sometimes fold in the face of adversity, sometimes they rise above themselves and that's what I think has happened here.

16th-where we currently are-is all fatso wants for us...16th suits Bruce's level of ability...16th is where the 'deluded Geordies' brigade think we should be.

Giving Bruce credit is the thin end of the wedge and is the first step on the path to accepting what's happening. That cretin's past record shows his true ability and the horseshit he says to the press shows what he really thinks of us. He continually presses home that we're a bottom half of the table side and anyone who complains is guilty of hysteria (ignoring the fact that it's mainly his fault we're there) and giving him credit is buying into that narrative.

So there.
    I saw on one of the Facebook groups one of our 'fans'comparing Fridays 3-4 defeat to the Anfield classic.

We have inherited some right knackas

Some good posts above.
    We are currently in an almost identical situation to where the mackems were before their collapse - bouncing along just above the relegation zone and celebrating survival in the league each season, getting ready for more disappointment next season and happy with mediocrity.
    The collapse which happened to them is not surprising. In such a highly competitive and financed league like this one (and the chimpo), if you don’t strive to improve, you fall back.

Bruce is the worst PL manager of all time and nothing he has done at NUFC has (or will) change that. He may have his strong point (man management apparently) but overall doesn’t have the ability to get the best out of teams.

The club is in a woeful position and a victory over a team thinking about a cup final and a home loss in a competition against a team that has already won the competition changes nothing.

the thing with our club is, nobody outside of the region gives a second thought to our clubs.
    The media pundits all think we should be grateful to have a club. so we should just be quiet.
    Ian Wright was one of the worst people to always pull us apart and the usual, we expect to much blah blah, until he got friendly with Shearer and actually listened to what Shearer told him. Wright has even said he got it wrong.
    Simon Jordan and the rest of them are still blinkered as to who we even are as fans and follow the remit that Bruce is doing a grand job.

I dont think Bruce is doing any sort of job other than shlte. The results have come from the players pulling their socks up and showing some self respect. I hear Matt Ritchie is still shouting at Bruce and Agnew in training.
    The players know they have to do it by themselves. **** Steve and the other 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    is a load of shite.
    That is all you needed

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    . I hear Matt Ritchie is still shouting at Bruce and Agnew in training.
    I've heard this as well, I've also heard that it is effectively him and Jones taking the training sessions now. That while Bruce and Agnew are there the players don't listen to them at all and just focus in on what Jones/ Ritchie are saying etc.

Which I could also believe.

I don't have any trouble at all believing that.

For me, the highlight of the season was Bruce’s face when a reporter asked him what he thought of people who said our improved form the moment Jones arrived, was all down to Jones.
    He looked so p*ssed off that it’s obvious he knew it to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    That is all you needed

I've heard this as well, I've also heard that it is effectively him and Jones taking the training sessions now. That while Bruce and Agnew are there the players don't listen to them at all and just focus in on what Jones/ Ritchie are saying etc.

Which I could also believe.
    I think if that was happening, Bruce would drop Ritchie, he is that bitter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)