+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player of season

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Dallas- Side before self fits well.

Meslier will be the foremost star of this team as the years go by. Could be one of the great ones. So young and so good.

Think that Llorente and Strujik could be as good as any CB combo in the game if they play together a couple of more years.
    I really like Meslier but I'm not sure he is going to be world class, not sure what it is about him that just doesn't convince me of that but when I watch him make saves and dive he just doesn't have the pace or speed of world class keepers.

That said it is only what I see and I think he is brilliant and will be very good, it is also possible over next few years he will develop and become world class. He will be a top goalkeeper probably top 6 club, really hope he becomes a top 2/france international but not sure about that just yet.

It has to be Dallas for me, largely because he has been consistently good in a variety of positions throughout the whole season; I cannot think of a match where he has played badly. Also very good performances from Llorente, Phillips, Raphiniha, Harrison (in patches), Struijk and Meslier.
    Last edited by UbiqueLUFC33; 18-05-2021 at 03:43 PM.

Llorente.....foreign waste of money according to the oracle that is WTF11

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post

A few Leeds players got honourable mentions in the BBC pundits player of the season vote

A suitable reply must be looming 😀😀

You just can't resist scratching that itch can you BB?

Llorente is doing ok, but to suggest he is player of the year is laughable when you compare other players contributions (and as I suggested, in recognition of the extraordinary performance of the TEAM, we shouldn't opt for a player of the season, simply acknowledge that performance by the whole team).

Llorente might prove to be a wise investment, but his injury record isn't good, and we saw from games such as that against Liverpool (second game), City (again, second game) and Burnley that there will be teams that seek to get physical in at attempt to upset the tactics and tempo with which we play. Next season will be interesting, with several players (including Rodrigo and Koch) having to show they can perform regularly and stay fit and available.

As for being an oracle, not really, but my record of predicting which new players will make the grade is better than yours, or have you (conveniently) forgotten the orgasms you had when Koko and JKA were announced? Time for us both to move on perhaps and ponder on what is to be, rather than what has been?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    A suitable reply must be looming ����
    Post #17

😀😀 1 Stuarty Dallas, there's only 1 Stuarty Dallas 🎵🎵

That song from Frozen comes to mind - let it go 🙃

Personally, since he got in the team think Llorente has been exceptional and a large part of us getting better defensively but accept there may be differing views.

Top 5 players in no particular order for me would be

To hard to decide - which shows how good pretty much the whole squad has been

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)