+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player of season

Player of season

I know it is Dallas but the more and more I watch Llorente the more I notice the impact he has made since he finally got into the team regularly, our defense looks consistently solid.

I've heard little to nothing of our weakness at corners, we've kept clean sheets against dangerous teams and held out when we've been on the back foot.

He for me has been our best signing, I know Raphinha has all the skills but the impact Llorente has had defensively for me has been staggering. Absolutely brilliant and just keeps getting better and better.

Just had that discussion about Lorente, I am sure next season we will see more of him, he always looks very stern, great to see him score last week and smile

Think he and Struijk compliment each ofher so well and his ability to bring out the ball and pass with both feet helps KP.

Think the whole team could arguably be player of the season in a side before self kind of way

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think he and Struijk compliment each ofher so well and his ability to bring out the ball and pass with both feet helps KP.

Think the whole team could arguably be player of the season in a side before self kind of way
    TBH, I think that idea is the best, after all the team is responsible for getting to where we are, not a single player no matter how significant their contribution (smallest cog in biggest engine needs to do its job or the engine doesn't work). Maybe next season there will be justification for selecting a single player, but not this?

Meslier would be my pick, for his first full season and in the premiership and at his age too. If we had to sell 10 of the players from today's starting 11, Meslier would be the one I would keep.

Big fan of Meslier too (well, I am supposedly the GK kit guy!) but it’s hard to pick fault with any of this squad.

Love ‘em all!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    TBH, I think that idea is the best, after all the team is responsible for getting to where we are, not a single player no matter how significant their contribution (smallest cog in biggest engine needs to do its job or the engine doesn't work). Maybe next season there will be justification for selecting a single player, but not this?
    Sounds great in theory, but the reality is someone still does have to be named Player of the Year. Tradition...and there will be varying opinions no doubt. This season has given us plenty of options. ☺

No doubt in my mind it is Dallas, Coupled with the fact he has played every game and others like Llorente, Phillips and a few more havent, Agree with you Joel looked much more assured now at the back, Think we have the best defensive home record in the league in 2021...

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    Big fan of Meslier too (well, I am supposedly the GK kit guy!) but it’s hard to pick fault with any of this squad.

Love ‘em all!

Yeah totally agree, best player this season......the squad.

Dallas- Side before self fits well.

Meslier will be the foremost star of this team as the years go by. Could be one of the great ones. So young and so good.

Think that Llorente and Strujik could be as good as any CB combo in the game if they play together a couple of more years.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)