+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Tata!

Not sure about this, don't know if it contributes anything, and I don't read the 'Step Brothers' style posts...

But maybe I've seen enough to know there's no point in trying to figure out who's right and wrong...

What it seems to be, pure and simple, is a FEUD...
    If you think about it, these could go on ad infinitum, cluttering up the board, spoiling threads, obliging the moderator to read all that crap...

Is there a time when an argument/debate, just become .... a feud?
    Could feuding me added to the forum rules, with some kind of consequence for all parties. Is a football chat forum meant to accommodate 'I hate you' and 'I hate you back' ad infinitum. Don't know....just throwing it out there...

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Doesn't ncfcog have a forum on his site? If the worst happens we could migrate there, it would be good to let a proper Notts fan have the traffic rather than a chain!
    From what he's posted on here, I think he's got enough on his plate. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to gain a certain amount of new members who'd stick to discussing Notts and not politics or each other, but a total migration? Probably not.

I expect there's enough traffic here for MAD to want to keep it alive. They'll no doubt make threats that rules need to be adhered to or else, but would they pull the plug when they're still generating money from it?

Swalepie has been a superb moderator of this message board and his decision to stand down is a massive loss to Notts County MAD.
    Very few people could or would choose to devote the time - free of charge - to undertake such a task on a daily basis, and every single poster on this board should be grateful to him. If you're not, then frankly you are part of the problem.

Unless a new moderator with equal time and patience can be found, then the remaining posters must take upon themselves the responsibility to preserve this board and 'police' their own contributions. It doesn't actually take too much intelligence to understand the general rules: discuss and debate football and other things like sensible adults; respect the fact that other people will have differing opinions; don't get into silly name calling, making offensive comments, or physical threats.

As Joey Barton once said (about himself), such puerile behaviour comes from a position of low self-esteem and worthlessness, not from a position of pride or strength. It isn't big and it isn't clever. Posters should behave properly out of respect for ... themselves.
    Last edited by jackal2; 16-05-2021 at 12:23 PM.

Thanks ATB.

Thanks Swale & I don't think anyone will blame you, I have honestly felt for you as this forum has worsened & you have shown great patience to stick it this long. There seems to be a few reasons why the forum has gone downhill & it could be linked to the teams fortunes but I believe that there was a gig change when Brexit arguments started. Many good football based posters moved away because of the multiple thread & football threads being hijacked to continue personal arguments (ring any bells)? these posters were replaced by people who enjoyed a political debate or indeed any debate above football discussions they are still with us & have been joined by some genuine Notts fans who for whatever reason cannot resist a good slagging match. Good luck Swale I hope MAD survives but must admit that the way it's been recently I don't think many will miss it if it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    there was a gig change when Brexit arguments started. .
    Those arguments did at least stay on the relevant threads and it was easy to ignore them.
    The rift between Laddo and others that's spilled out all over the place appears to be rooted in whether or not Ardley was to blame for getting us relegated and/or whether or not we should have stuck with him. Arguably no issue since the days of the Trust have fans been more divided. So I'm laying the blame on Ardley again. He killed our league status and he could, even after he's been sacked, kill this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Doesn't ncfcog have a forum on his site? If the worst happens we could migrate there, it would be good to let a proper Notts fan have the traffic rather than a chain!
    I removed it as it never really took off. I'd be happy to switch it back on again if enough people wanted to give it go.

If you can't blame Brexit, blame Ardley sounds fair enough to me#viva

Even though he's gone and it's old news I really wish the reason was Ardley at least then it would be Notts and football related.

According to Leigh Curtis the fanbase wasn't split until just before the Alty game under IB. That's the big thing he noticed on social media prior to this 5 game unbeaten run. Obviously didn't read NCM prior to NA's sacking. Absolute joke of a statement in the now infamous episode of the magpie circle.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Over the years I've made a few virtual friends on here and it has generally been a great forum. I hope it continues so that all the work from myself and cher1 over those years isn't thrown away. I hope we can make the play-offs and I dream that we may win them. Fingers crossed!

It's been biblical

COYP
    I'm really sorry to hear this Swale.

Your optimism and loyalty to the club have shone out like a beacon amongst the trolling and foul-mouthed, infantile squabbling that a section of our online support wallows in.

I wish you all the very best in whatever you plan to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Those arguments did at least stay on the relevant threads and it was easy to ignore them.
    The rift between Laddo and others that's spilled out all over the place appears to be rooted in whether or not Ardley was to blame for getting us relegated and/or whether or not we should have stuck with him. Arguably no issue since the days of the Trust have fans been more divided. So I'm laying the blame on Ardley again. He killed our league status and he could, even after he's been sacked, kill this forum.
    Sorry but I simply cannot agree with that.

The blame would lie squarely upon those who have argued and brought up Ardley at every possible moment, even since he has gone.

Yesterday we had a great game ..... but it is used not to say that, but to show how 'bad' Ardley was.

It might have been divisive the views about Ardley but surely that is what the board should be about, as long as it doesn't get abusive, and opinions posted as fact.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast