+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Tata!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    That's a good appraisal, and probably gets to the root of where things started to go a bit over the top on here.

When it did go over the top and spoil the board for some, Swale came up with the ideal solution by creating the handbags thread. If everyone had taken his advice, I'm sure his job would have been a lot easier. I think I've already made my thoughts clear on that one.
    On most threads you've constantly posted that Laddo won't use the handbags thread! So I definitely agree with your last sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Can't think of anyone who would want to step into Swale's moderating shoes on here, it's a shame he feels he can't continue and an even bigger shame if he decides to leave for good.

If anyone does fancy a change there is of course the Pride of Nottingham forum which has been round for quite a while now. Also, I have switched the forum back on on my site if anyone fancies giving it a go . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/forum
    I for one would be interested og, if Mad closed. I wonder how it would work though. Say the usual suspects joined and continued their interminable arguments on your site. Would you police it, or just allow a free-for-all?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I believe the main reason for this board goind tits up is the arguing. There is a dedicated thread for arguing that only one person is refusing to use.
    Add to this that one person has openly admitted that he enjoys arguing and is involved in more arguments than any other.
    It doesn't take einstein to work out where the problem is.
    Whether people like the truth or not all roads lead to laddo.
    They are the facts
    The thing is you didn’t need to and you don’t need to argue with Laddo to prove your point. As somebody suggested don’t take the bait and see how hard he tries to reel you in. If he does indeed try to still create arguments your view about his ‘mission’ will have been proven.

You talk about Laddo saying he enjoys arguments, so why do you feed his enjoyment? If you want him to go away so bad don’t retaliate and maybe he will get bored!

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    I for one would be interested og, if Mad closed. I wonder how it would work though. Say the usual suspects joined and continued their interminable arguments on your site. Would you police it, or just allow a free-for-all?
    There are some very simple rules on there . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/for...ts/forum-rules

I wouldn't police it like a moderator, if it became a free for all and people kept blatantly breaking the rules I would just shut it down again, unlike Swale I probably don't have the patience of a saint!

I'll leave it up for a couple of month and see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Can't really blame them after being told for months/years that they were pitchforkers, that they had an agenda, that they didn't understand football, that they were destabilising the club, can you?

They took a lot of stick just for stating the obvious, ie that the football under NA was awful, players were being played out of position, and the squad was underperforming.

In that respect they are absolutely right. The problem is that they want either the person who was most responsible for this to admit he was wrong, or the board to rise in unison to condemn him as being wrong, and neither of these things is ever going to happen. That's why we have this war of attrition on every thread.
    Well I guess that's certainly one version of events. But I'm sure there are many and they all vary in view and accuracy.

The term 'pitchforks' suitably describes the reactive OTT, rollercoaster behaviour of some on match days. That's nothing new obviously but it's a good accurate description.

There is no question that some have/had agendas that is indisputable as there is an endless supply of evidence to support. Again not a surprise but true.

Not sure about "didn't understand football" and didn't see the term "destabilising" mentioned often or at all tbh.

However we will all have different recollections of the past. That's gone, what's important is the future and as Jackal suggested it's for the perpetrators to reflect, amend and reconsider their approach for the 'good of the board' sans Swale.

The thing of interest from drillers post for me is this bit

" ie that the football under NA was awful, players were being played out of position, and the squad was underperforming."

Take out the initials NA and we could be describing so many Notts teams during my time as a supporter, that basically describes Notts .

That scenario of awful football , players being played out if position and the squad underperforming is basically the backdrop to most lower league / non league football club most seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    No more stick than some of us have taken for years to be fair when we have supported a manager. Stating the obvious though has often meant 'I am right'. An example are the posts that said we had no chance under Ardley of making the play-offs. Just a couple of weeks earlier some people had been posting to say that there is a chance we could get automatic! Say that you don't think we had a chance, but don't treat me like an idiot for saying we may have done, (whatever the football).

The truth is that we can never know whether Ardley would have made the play-offs, so can't we just move on? Why keep posting just to prove a point, it's only falling to his level.

And to be honest, I have never understood all the references to pitchforks!
    Well yes, I suppose by stating the obvious I mean I am right. At the moment it's quite hard to argue the performances aren't massively better under IB.

Getting stick or not getting stick should correlate with being right or wrong, shouldn't it? I sometimes post references to NA, partly because for vindication, yes, but partly because it's difficult to believe I'm watching the same team. If in 18 months IB hasn't done better than NA you'll be able to give me stick, and I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    On most threads you've constantly posted that Laddo won't use the handbags thread! So I definitely agree with your last sentence.
    The reason I have never posted or even read messages on that thread has been stated many times and is very valid reason.

There is also the obvious option of personal messages to save the pain for everyone else. That was used briefly, it worked wonders, so unsurprisingly was ignored by Elite.

As we all discovered recently there is also block or ignore feature which use is blatantly ignored. When this feature was highlighted to everyone this was again an obvious solution.

We can if we choose go over and over old ground with different recollections and viewpoints or we can use Jim O'Brien words and Swale's post to change going forward.

I'm up for change but I fear many key people in all this won't be. Maybe they can't? Maybe they just don't want to and love the turmoils and conflict etc. Either way I'm all about the future and all about the Bandwagon. Can Burchnall get us to the playoffs to at least give us a chance of promotion when a just a few weeks ago that looked very unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Well yes, I suppose by stating the obvious I mean I am right. At the moment it's quite hard to argue the performances aren't massively better under IB.

Getting stick or not getting stick should correlate with being right or wrong, shouldn't it? I sometimes post references to NA, partly because for vindication, yes, but partly because it's difficult to believe I'm watching the same team. If in 18 months IB hasn't done better than NA you'll be able to give me stick, and I'm fine with that.
    If only it were that simple. You make it sound like a coin flip. It isn't not even close.

Having been posting on this site for nearly twenty years I would like to thank Swale for his service to the message board and sterling work in moderating it over the years he has done so especially when he’s done it on a voluntary basis. An optimistic contributor to the board even in the darkest times who can leave with his head held high.

Naturally it’s disappointing that he has felt he can’t or doesn’t want to moderate anymore but more than understandable.

Thank you, Swale. The only surprising thing is you stuck it out for as long as you did!

And the bickering in this thread just proves a lot of things.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast