+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: St Mirren (A) 16/05/21

St Mirren (A) 16/05/21

I’m sure the youth will get their chance again today and rightly so. Even if they only drew on Wednesday in the end, I found it a highly enjoyable watch and hope to see much the same. The future is bright............

Finally a big slap on the back for MM and the squad. Yes we are still disappointed about last week but let’s not ever forget about where we were at the start of the season and to a man we were all going to be happy with 10th. I think some Arabs have found the actual reality of what that entails a hard watch and it has been at times. Particularly at the Peterhead nonsense where I personally doubted where we were heading, but the reality is that over the piece we have steadily improved, the results picked up and we comfortably achieved our targets. With a bonus trip to Hampden chucked in. Let’s not forget that we had serious concerns over going straight back down - try to remember that as we watch today’s game while Coonty and especially Killie scheite their breeks. We have never had any worries over that particularly and that is testament to the manager and the squad. Yes, we need to continue to improve moving forward and new signings will be required for next year but give MM his chance to now take the next steps for the Club. I think he’s earned it.

Totally agree. For me there was only one moment in the season where I thought "if we lose we are in trouble" and that was County away in Feb. Mellon knew this too, and totally changed the shape of the team as we ran out comfortable winners. From that point on our focus was top 6, and we only missed out by a point and a few goals. Fair play to MM for the result of this season. Hopefully next season we can have a better mixture of results and performances.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’m sure the youth will get their chance again today and rightly so. Even if they only drew on Wednesday in the end, I found it a highly enjoyable watch and hope to see much the same. The future is bright............

Finally a big slap on the back for MM and the squad. Yes we are still disappointed about last week but let’s not ever forget about where we were at the start of the season and to a man we were all going to be happy with 10th. I think some Arabs have found the actual reality of what that entails a hard watch and it has been at times. Particularly at the Peterhead nonsense where I personally doubted where we were heading, but the reality is that over the piece we have steadily improved, the results picked up and we comfortably achieved our targets. With a bonus trip to Hampden chucked in. Let’s not forget that we had serious concerns over going straight back down - try to remember that as we watch today’s game while Coonty and especially Killie scheite their breeks. We have never had any worries over that particularly and that is testament to the manager and the squad. Yes, we need to continue to improve moving forward and new signings will be required for next year but give MM his chance to now take the next steps for the Club. I think he’s earned it.
    100% spot on James.........but I'll never forgive Mellon for letting Dillon go

Some cracking posts by you lately James especially on the Courier thread,sorry for going O/T on that one but i was truly shocked at the paper's content that day.
    I always knew of the DFC bias but i honestly did not realise how right wing its become.I bought it that day as a last resort because i did not like what was on the front of most of the red tops and i will never make that mistake again for the rest of my life.
    As for your post on here mate i agree with every word as per usual.

Edwards and Harkes in for Connolly and Pawlett

Any links for todays game chaps?

Well we finish our season just as we did two years ago playing St Mirren, same venue, but without the same stress levels. Fair to say a lot has happened on and off the pitch in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Edwards and Harkes in for Connolly and Pawlett
    Terrible what's happened to Connolly BTW,we have all had a year from hell but its been even worse for Mark and i feel for him and his family.

Doohan in goal again, bit of an interesting one. Shankland captain.

Quote Originally Posted by east_stand_lower View Post
    Any links for todays game chaps?
    https://ppv.stmirren.com/login

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)