+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this for real?

Is this for real?

“Making a face” at someone is now the subject of investigation!

Seems words were spoken

Nothing racist in it for me regarding Alioski !

Think Burnley players were having a bad day & throughout were chatty over various physical challenges.

BUT as I've stated before his composure over 90 mins does create issues on & off the pitch - just another Alioski daft moment but Bielsa won't be happy about it regardless will he.

Funny or Daft make your own minds up but nowadays better to stay clear of such behaviour on the pitch and off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Nothing racist in it for me regarding Alioski !

Think Burnley players were having a bad day & throughout were chatty over various physical challenges.

BUT as I've stated before his composure over 90 mins does create issues on & off the pitch - just another Alioski daft moment but Bielsa won't be happy about it regardless will he.

Funny or Daft make your own minds up but nowadays better to stay clear of such behaviour on the pitch
    Absolutely nothing in it for me, I thought Dyche was a bit embarrassed one of his players reported it. It was clear McNeil said a few words when he stood over Alioski whom was on the ground.

Some click bait suggesting the Burnley player spat on Alioski, though I never saw that at all.

Handbags at dawn and I think it is hilarious that the FA even have to look into it.

There were words after someone flew a plane over the ground towing a white lives matter banner, apparently a comment that Burnley don't have any black players didn't go down well with McNeil, whose father is black. I am not sure Alioski would even know that, he also pulled a face at the Burnley bench so it wasn't solely at McNeil. Burnley are physical in their play and I suspect Dyche encourages it, I said before the game we would be lucky to come out of it unscathed, the knee into Lorente's back is typical of their game.

The spitting allegations in social media lean more to McNeil dripping sweat on Alioski when he was on the ground, he clearly took exception to Alioski going to ground but Burnley were as bad, albeit not as bad as some teams (Tottenham's Aurier last week was a joke).

I suspect Alioski will be missing from the Southampton game, shame he has been a workhorse, he makes his mistakes but cannot be accused of not putting in full effort.

Not so long ago a player from my greek club AEK did the Hitler salute I think after scoring he got 2 years and finished his carrier.
    What Alioski did was something really young kids would do totally childish.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    Not so long ago a player from my greek club AEK did the Hitler salute I think after scoring he got 2 years and finished his carrier.
    What Alioski did was something really young kids would do totally childish.
    And just what DID he do, and with what provocation? Judge, jury, executioner, hmmmm?

About time we started to call out the snowflake behaviour from that which is genuinely reprehensible, they are markedly different and yet treated almost identically by the meedja and authorities. If there is a genuine desire to eradicate racist behaviour generally, and from football specifically, there needs to be a clear distinction between the sort of behaviour we have seen from various club supporters and their club representatives and the schoolyard nonsense such as what we saw yesterday.

"Grow a pair and grow up" is perhaps something McNeil (and maybe Alioski) should grasp. For the FA to be involved is simply ridiculous and calls the whole process into ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And just what DID he do, and with what provocation? Judge, jury, executioner, hmmmm?

About time we started to call out the snowflake behaviour from that which is genuinely reprehensible, they are markedly different and yet treated almost identically by the meedja and authorities. If there is a genuine desire to eradicate racist behaviour generally, and from football specifically, there needs to be a clear distinction between the sort of behaviour we have seen from various club supporters and their club representatives and the schoolyard nonsense such as what we saw yesterday.

"Grow a pair and grow up" is perhaps something McNeil (and maybe Alioski) should grasp. For the FA to be involved is simply ridiculous and calls the whole process into ridicule.
    Time will tell what he did or didn’t do - if it was purely the facial gestures he pulled then can’t really see how people would get offended in a way they would complain to the ref and if that was it then sure it will get short ahrift.

If it was some comment then who knows until it is revealed what he allegedly said.

The one element of Burnley which was a little soft was that they were definitely going in hard and winding some players up and then seemed to lose if for either getting smashed by the football or Leeds players giving it back.

Alioski is a known wind up merchant within the squad but never heard anything more sinister than that.

At a time when we are seeing the worst of humanity with what is going on in Palestine it is hard for me to give any less of a **** about some childish sticking out of a tongue. Honestly, from what I can tell it is sour grape nonsense from a player whose team was losing and is now sulking about it.

I really ****ing hope it comes out that he reported Alioski to the ref for sticking his tongue out because he will be laughed out of every stadium in the country next season. I feel if anything genuinley serious had happened we'd have seen an actual reaction on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    At a time when we are seeing the worst of humanity with what is going on in Palestine it is hard for me to give any less of a **** about some childish sticking out of a tongue. Honestly, from what I can tell it is sour grape nonsense from a player whose team was losing and is now sulking about it.

I really ****ing hope it comes out that he reported Alioski to the ref for sticking his tongue out because he will be laughed out of every stadium in the country next season. I feel if anything genuinley serious had happened we'd have seen an actual reaction on the pitch.
    Like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)