+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euro 202(1)

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeScum2012 View Post
    3 2-0 defeats. Inglorious failure
    There will be at least one more than 2-0, but we're definitely not scoring any goals.

No Considine in the squad. I've said enough but still feel bad for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    No Considine in the squad. I've said enough but still feel bad for him.
    He can still boogie though .....and he’s got his media insight to fall back on.

Shame for him though , unlucky Consi.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    He can still boogie though .....and he’s got his media insight to fall back on.

Shame for him though , unlucky Consi.
    Aye, it's a shame for the lad. He stepped up and did a good job when called upon, but it was always going to be touch and go whether he made the final cut (even with a 26 man squad). I think he'll be the first choice defensive backup if any of the defenders get injured, but let's be honest, he's not an international defender in a million years.

I see he's bowed to pressure to pick Patterson and Gilmour who've hardly played first team football, and Turnbull as well. We seem to have an awful lot of very samey central midfielders in the squad.

No Griffiths either - I thought he might've sneaked in as he's a good bet for a goal in a big game. Not convinced our strikers have many goals in them, although delighted that useless McBurnie is out injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Aye, it's a shame for the lad. He stepped up and did a good job when called upon, but it was always going to be touch and go whether he made the final cut (even with a 26 man squad). I think he'll be the first choice defensive backup if any of the defenders get injured, but let's be honest, he's not an international defender in a million years.

I see he's bowed to pressure to pick Patterson and Gilmour who've hardly played first team football, and Turnbull as well. We seem to have an awful lot of very samey central midfielders in the squad.

No Griffiths either - I thought he might've sneaked in as he's a good bet for a goal in a big game. Not convinced our strikers have many goals in them, although delighted that useless McBurnie is out injured.
    Far less bothered about Scotland these days but I'd mostly agree with that DC, but can't for the life of me see the point of including Taylor in the squad. If Robertson gets injured Tierney will go to LB and if he gets injured there's always McGregor as extra extra cover. Don't see Hendry as being any better than Consi and was culpable in the last game he played. Consi should have been capped earlier in his career when he was quicker and the likes of Hanley, Berra and Greer were getting games who were just pants at the time. Even the hun Bates got in before him, he disappeared. While we are on the subject of huns, lets just hope that Patterson doesn't give away a stupid goal and get a career ending injury in the process.
    I would have taken Griffiths as, come the time (in every game) when we need a goal, who out of our forwards is more likely to score than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

He’s not bowed to pressure at all.
    Patterson & Gilmour should be in the squad.
    Patterson is probably better than O’Donnell & definitely better than Palmer.
    Gilmour was a stick on when McLean & the hun c unt dropped out.
    The only one that’s a little lucky is maybe Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He’s not bowed to pressure at all.
    Patterson & Gilmour should be in the squad.
    Patterson is probably better than O’Donnell & definitely better than Palmer.
    Gilmour was a stick on when McLean & the hun c unt dropped out.
    The only one that’s a little lucky is maybe Taylor
    I agree on Taylor - never going to get on the pitch so pointless taking him as a third choice left back.

I've not seen enough of Patterson because he's only played about 10 games as a professional footballer. That is the main reason I wouldn't be taking him - I could probably play right back for Rangers when you've got 80% possession and never have to do any defending. Different ball game playing for Scotland when you have 20% possession and never do any attacking.

Gilmour is a prospect by all accounts and doesn't seem out of place when he's had a game for Chelsea - but again he's not played much - is he going to play ahead of McTominay, McGinn, Armstrong, McGregor etc - doubt it.

I'd have taken Griffiths. 10 mins to go in the final game and you need to score a goal to go through... Adams has run himself into the ground and you look to the bench... I'd rather bring Griffiths on than the other candidates.

Only 3 strikers in a 26 man squad is typical of negative Scottish managers. I bet every other country picks more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Draw
    Loss
    Win

but somehow, 4 points isn’t enough.
    Nah, with the new format you could draw every game and win the tournament.
    Portugal only won one game in 2016 in normal time which was vs Wales in the semi, every other was extra time or pens and 3 draws in the groups

You remember Scotland in tournaments do you?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast